Accounting Apps/Software

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
Sorry if this has already been done but I find the search function on this forum difficult.
Who uses an accounting App (Sage, Quickbooks,Xero) etc etc for their book keeping and self assessment? My accountant is good but doesn’t do a massive amount and his annual cost is reaching £500!!! Can get these apps from anywhere between £10 a month to £30 a month. They look pretty decent too.
Any advice?
Thanks
Mark

£500 how many days you do for that?
I don’t want to see it like that though. £500 is £500 regardless of how much or little I work for it. These apps will keep everything tallied up with my bank statements so book keeping is kept up to date too where as I normally blast it all in one go in April. Which is a massive ballache.

Unless your doing a lot of transactions, I don’t see the point of apps and the like, but I’m a techno phobe. My Mrs does all mine on a spread sheet, and I have a fair bit coming in and going out plus vat etc.

I don’t want to see it like that though. £500 is £500 regardless of how much or little I work for it. These apps will keep everything tallied up with my bank statements so book keeping is kept up to date too where as I normally blast it all in one go in April. Which is a massive ballache.

Are you a sole trader?

Yeah, very simple. Just trying to save a few Bob really.

seems a bit pricey just for end of year accounts mate. Obviously don’t know the ins and outs of your setup, but I pay £175, but I send in a spreadsheet for that so it’s just the computation really...I still do the legwork rather than hand over a bag of receipts.

seems a bit pricey just for end of year accounts mate. Obviously don’t know the ins and outs of your setup, but I pay £175, but I send in a spreadsheet for that so it’s just the computation really...I still do the legwork rather than hand over a bag of receipts.
Yeah I send over a spreadsheet too. They run PAYE too but that’s feck all.

I get customers to pay two times , one for labour one for materials ,, online banking is a godsend for cross-checking everything
Get a email at end of year from cis sub work will have all details

Put all insurance and tool bill email receipts into Gmail folder on phone and over guesstimate fuel

Then take John's advice lol

I use clearbooks. Been using them since 2014 works a treat and easy to use :D

PS I invested in clearbooks and do get paid a bit in shares take of that as you want

I use clearbooks. Been using them since 2014 works a treat and easy to use :D

PS I invested in clearbooks and do get paid a bit in shares take of that as you want
Some of these company’s have gone huge Danny. As you’ll know. It’s the future. Not sure accountants will exist in the future. Anything with numbers can be turned into an algorithm. We’ll be paying tax monthly soon via software. Never mind once a year.

Some of these company’s have gone huge Danny. As you’ll know. It’s the future. Not sure accountants will exist in the future. Anything with numbers can be turned into an algorithm. We’ll be paying tax monthly soon via software. Never mind once a year.

to be honest a good accountant is worth their weight... Mine deals directly with my financial advisor and between them they work out what is best for me and my companies.

Works a lot better.

What I like about accounting software is you know where you are at any point and sometimes you think you could be having a bad month but reality is it may be ok

to be honest a good accountant is worth their weight... Mine deals directly with my financial advisor and between them they work out what is best for me and my companies.

Works a lot better.

What I like about accounting software is you know where you are at any point and sometimes you think you could be having a bad month but reality is it may be ok
Cheers Danny. Maybe both is the way forward haha

Sorry if this has already been done but I find the search function on this forum difficult.
Who uses an accounting App (Sage, Quickbooks,Xero) etc etc for their book keeping and self assessment? My accountant is good but doesn’t do a massive amount and his annual cost is reaching £500!!! Can get these apps from anywhere between £10 a month to £30 a month. They look pretty decent too.
Any advice?
Thanks
Mark

Works a lot better.

Here personal tax advisor near me http://yourbooksontime.com/tax-advisors

How are you doing with your accounting now ??

Best thing about quickbooks is that customers can't really say week overdue invoice that they haven't received it. It shows in the app when they view it. The whole thing is very easy to use and understand. I sometimes send customers invoices before I leave job as it takes 2 min and you can really make them look professional. Another thing when you say go to buy something for business say like site radio, you just snap receipt then you attach it once transaction went through. Then you might as well put the receipt in the bin as you Don't need it anymore. And you get tracker on your phone which senses when you drive so you get your mileage that way, and to my surprise its actually really accurate and sensitive. And its only few years since that quickbooks been out so I can imagine only gonna get better .

Best thing about quickbooks is that customers can't really say week overdue invoice that they haven't received it. It shows in the app when they view it. The whole thing is very easy to use and understand. I sometimes send customers invoices before I leave job as it takes 2 min and you can really make them look professional. Another thing when you say go to buy something for business say like site radio, you just snap receipt then you attach it once transaction went through. Then you might as well put the receipt in the bin as you Don't need it anymore. And you get tracker on your phone which senses when you drive so you get your mileage that way, and to my surprise its actually really accurate and sensitive. And its only few years since that quickbooks been out so I can imagine only gonna get better .
Jesus, a tracker so it knows where you’ve been. Goodbye to those little perk jobs then