Account keeping and business records

Status
Not open for further replies.

therebel

Hello all

I'm after alittle advice how how people manage there accounts and book keeping? What do people do when it comes to keeping records of prices for jobs? receipts for Diesel? purchasing of materials? What to declare and more importantly what not to declare!! etc etc.

I'm just trying to start to get allmine in some order and there must be an easy way of doing it!!

Thanks

Don't worry about all that mate. ;)
Just make sure every job is cash then you don't need to do any of the above 8)

Nah just keep a diary mate & fill it with jobs you have done with prices etc..
& keep all your work related receipts in envelopes marked jan, feb, etc etc....
Your accountant will sort the rest ;)

Or just stick them bags in your pocket like nisus and let them build. He couldn't bend down the other day for the rolls of cash in his front pockets.

Get a filling cabinet. I put all my reciepts into an envelope for each month. each quarter I give them to my accountant who processes them for the vat return etc

jpole_and_sons said:
Or just stick them bags in your pocket like nisus and let them build. He couldn't bend down the other day for the rolls of cash in his front pockets.

That was monopoly money you payed me with the other day mate :(
when i went to pick up my medicine from the off licence the bloke just laughed at the notes :(

Kebab don't you mean you & fbs are the same person ;)

J Pole & sons & nisus earning another wad of cash ;D

photo-1038.jpg

who stole the 2nd 'o' from the jpole username then? or was it already taken? or are you dyslexic? and why do you have a 240v socket on the back of the van? surely its supposed to be 110? dont tell me... its for the missus to put the kettle on.. that is a pikey site right?
bryan_robson_1986_460_460x300.jpg

thats a trowel... just looks like a very very short feather edge... its handle is taking the place of his cock..

but put it in perspective, they only come up to the height of the light cluster so either thats a f'ckin tall van or....

steve cov said:
nisus why have you got a feather edge sticking out of your pocket?

It's not mate I'm just pleased to see you ;D

Nah it's my small trowel ste I am only 2' 6" tall :'(

I always walk round with trowels in me pocket ::)

Chris W said:
who stole the 2nd 'o' from the jpole username then? or was it already taken? or are you dyslexic? and why do you have a 240v socket on the back of the van? surely its supposed to be 110? dont tell me... its for the missus to put the kettle on.. that is a pikey site right?

Chris. J pole is what we call him just look at the reg ;)

And yes it is a pikey site,,, wanna buy some chickens or dags mate??

Chris W said:

its a nickname from my friend who calls me polish john or j pole. The socket is to power the van's array of 240 tools inside, I only do domestic high calibre properties and all my makita/dewalt stuff is all recharged on 240v, not that "site" 110v they insist people use on those vulgar building sites. I did date a gypsy girl once but that is the limit of my pikey involvement lol....

if any body would like a MS cash book program i have on my computer just PM me .my accountant made it for his customers to use.. very simple and very good oi log all ins and outs every month and can see how I'm doing.. very help full and makes tax returns a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.