accident insurance

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbiboy1970

ok.. with most of us been self employed for some time,,, i was wondering if anyone had accident insurance......don't get me wrong i've had to go to work with torn ligaments and twisted /sprained ankles,, working for myself ,,if i don't turn up at work then i don't get paid ..i have life insurance with critical illness but no accident insurance ..........or is that a thing of the past...i remember the old american C.I.C.A insurance which was a con they only paid you out if you stayed the night in hospital......

Hey buddy, yeah I have sickness and accident cover. It covers me from day 1 if I have an accident or am sick but obviously would only claim if I was off for a while. It covers all my bills, food bill and mortgage.

Yeh I do, took out with these guys last year, was mainly for the motocross but it covers any accident whether from riding or from work, home etc/ they pay out up to £2000 a month for up to 24months, I'm only covered for £1000 a month but that's without proving income (which is difficult being self employed)

Yeh I do, took out with these guys last year, was mainly for the motocross but it covers any accident whether from riding or from work, home etc/ they pay out up to £2000 a month for up to 24months, I'm only covered for £1000 a month but that's without proving income (which is difficult being self employed)
What's the cost of that if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay about £20 a month for that cover

And also £10 a month (same company) for initial pay out for breaking something, got about £400 for breaking my hand. I need the two as because mx is high risk they wont pay out for the first month so I need the second cover to pay for that, and if it's substantial enough Im off for longer than a month the other cover kicks in until I go back to work.

But for 99% of people you will be covered immediately so don't need both policies.

I had a mate who had that cica insurance. He deliberately cut the end of his finger off so he could buy a bike. He didn't read the small print and because he didn't do it below the first knuckle he didn't get a penny. How we laughed!

I wish I had cover as I was really ill in 2010 (really fricken ill) and I got naff all from anybody... Lived off savings and worked on a few projects to see me through and Janes wages helped..

The gov'ment was not interested in helping as I was "self employed"

Same when I was rough Danny. I had critical illness cover so the mortgage got paid but ended up having to borrow off family for day to day expenses.

Same when I was rough Danny. I had critical illness cover so the mortgage got paid but ended up having to borrow off family for day to day expenses.

I am insured now... Jane got out full cover 2 days before my ride to monaco...lol she obviously had little faith in my bike skills :D

However from that day I was told I was entitled to feck all I changed my mindset and now I am all about looking after number #1

What do you mean it's difficult to prove income ???

Wh

Who is that through?

I got mine through lv. Pays out from day 1 covers sickness or injury for 2 years. Covers me up to £1000 per month and I didn't have to prove income or medical history as on some of them you do. But haven't had anything serious may have helped there. Pay about £21 per month.

motocross and plastering....hmmmm.....does your policy include psychiatric treatment your mad sod.........lol

I pay about £20 a month for that cover

And also £10 a month (same company) for initial pay out for breaking something, got about £400 for breaking my hand. I need the two as because mx is high risk they wont pay out for the first month so I need the second cover to pay for that, and if it's substantial enough Im off for longer than a month the other cover kicks in until I go back to work.

But for 99% of people you will be covered immediately so don't need both policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.