accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a bit of advice on how to dose this using a mtec300, as the water supply is constantly filling the butt up (butt with stop cock)
Is anyone using accelerator with an electric machine? How is it done? 2-3 butts for a spray - pre dosed?
Its getting towards that time of year when when same day scrapes turn into very late nights or very hard mornings if overnight.
Used krend accelerator for hand applying today, 25 bags awkward hit + beading/flat start, and home by 3 :RpS_thumbup:
Would like this to be the norm!! F**k the extra cost!
Cheers

You won't be using the ball cock because you can't gauge it.

You need to fill the barrel add the right add mix then give it a swirl and run the whole thing down.
If its a big spray get 2 barrels.

By suction hose you mean, a hose coming off the machine and dropped into a barrel and let the water pump on the machine suck it through?

By suction hose you mean, a hose coming off the machine and dropped into a barrel and let the water pump on the machine suck it through?

I take it you have a water pump on your machine?
You will need the water pump. This will suck from a hose or a barrel with geka fitting on the bottom.
@PFTwales sells the suction hose.
Ideal for big sprays as it has the non return foot valve so you can lift from one barrel to the next and then carry on spraying. No air getting in, no disconnecting etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Everbuild accelletor is it the frost and accelletor or is there one on its own ? Which one dose everyone use , mixing useing sp11 what ratio to 5 bag mix thanks guys

What ratio do u used with weber or parex , is there any other products reasonable priced , is everbuild called acellerator and frost proofer thanks guys

What ratio do u used with weber or parex , is there any other products reasonable priced , is everbuild called acellerator and frost proofer thanks guys

Yes its called frostproofer accelerator.

Use the same ratio as the Parex or weber product. I use 2 to 3 tubs in a barrel depending on the job.
My barrel is the bigger barrel tho

There are other products reasonable on price but ever build is the cheapest at less than 5 quid for 5ltrs

Calcium chloride is a cheap thing. The manufacturers are ripping off for what they charge for 20ltr

Last edited:
Yes its called frostproofer accelerator.

Use the same ratio as the Parex or weber product. I use 2 to 3 tubs in a barrel depending on the job.
My barrel is the bigger barrel tho

There are other products reasonable on price but ever build is the cheapest at less than 5 quid for 5ltrs

Calcium chloride is a cheap thing. The manufacturers are ripping off for what they charge for 20ltr
Is yours the 220lt barrel mate ?

My concern is being refurb mono is sprayed on a pre-rend at 12mm. Not a lot of thickness. But the shorter days there are longer nights but also cooler temperatures. But occupied older houses have heat loss so overnight even at a few degrees can often be hard overnight.

So two questions.

What would be considered the slowest setter on the market, at a guess Parex, SAS, Enwall?

and anyone used a retarder? Know Parex make one.

Slower the better for me as my other spread is unreliable and my elbow is not 100%. So do not want to struggle next morning. The Filzomat has a studded wheel for breaking mono's back which could be handy.

If you got the ball cock on your barrel just get s 3/4 lever valve with a couple of 3/4 gekas and you can use that to control the water that fills the barrel, fill it up then turn it off when its run down turn it back on again ... No need for carrying loads of barrels

Last edited:
My concern is being refurb mono is sprayed on a pre-rend at 12mm. Not a lot of thickness. But the shorter days there are longer nights but also cooler temperatures. But occupied older houses have heat loss so overnight even at a few degrees can often be hard overnight.

So two questions.

What would be considered the slowest setter on the market, at a guess Parex, SAS, Enwall?

and anyone used a retarder? Know Parex make one.

Slower the better for me as my other spread is unreliable and my elbow is not 100%. So do not want to struggle next morning. The Filzomat has a studded wheel for breaking mono's back which could be handy.

enewalls the slowest setter ive used,and ive used most. you could go on hol and come back and its still soft, nice gear to rule aswell you've just got to be careful as it does pick up sharp at mixing and at your wet leading edge.
I was speaking to one of the bods there and they say they put a fair amount or retarder in it at manufacturer point, maybe cos in Scotland you've probably only got a 2 hour window to get it on most of the year, so next days on the agenda most of the time.

OMG enewall takes ages. 30° heat south facing on by 10 with accellorator and it still was soft at 2 o clock.

Enewall and granicem the 2 slowest on the market by far.

Parex isn't really a slow setter just inconveniently a couple of hours behind.
Enewall and granicem are in a different league. Enewall the slower of the 2 ttho

Apparently Enewall are working on a winter mix where it sets in 4 hours, so they'll be 2 seperate products of fine scratch render, don't think it will be out this side of Christmas tho , due to the cost of setting it up. Since the power wall bailout I think there spending cash as they go along, they've finally got there render sample books out, after promising for the last 9 months. :rolleyes)

Apparently Enewall are working on a winter mix where it sets in 4 hours, so they'll be 2 seperate products of fine scratch render, don't think it will be out this side of Christmas tho , due to the cost of setting it up. Since the power wall bailout I think there spending cash as they go along, they've finally got there render sample books out, after promising for the last 9 months. :rolleyes)

I wouldn't want a faster set.
I like the slow cure. Less chance of shrinkage etc. I love the way you know exactly where you are with it...I know lads have been pestering for them to do a same day product but for me if that's so important they could just use Weber.

Sample book is the way. I could have had so many clients on it but if you can't show the range off with a book then some just ain't interested.

Does anyone think it make a difference which accelerator you use for the various mono renders, e.g k-rend accelerator for parex, or axel3000 for k-rend ect or is it all the same?

Does anyone think it make a difference which accelerator you use for the various mono renders, e.g k-rend accelerator for parex, or axel3000 for k-rend ect or is it all the same?

I would think they are all the same maybe some a bit more concentrated than others. Regarding the Everbuild I wonder what if any the frost proofer has any effect?

I dont think it does. I used neat everbuild with mono for patchin and it took just as long as if i had used clean water.

Accelerator for Portland cement is calcium chloride no matter who makes it that's the chemical and cement is the setting product in monocouche render.

I recon there are weaker and stronger batches of it tho. Evwrbuild prob weak as its so cheap. 3 tuns per barrel so 15lts to 32 is bags. Its set for us no problem. Soon as the machine was clean we were on the section

Jrend called by today for chat and was saying he thinks it actually slowed his set down hahaha. He is tight tho and only put 1 tub per barrel

I dont think it does. I used neat everbuild with mono for patchin and it took just as long as if i had used clean water.

Wbr's Ibocar is fast. 20 mins tops. Great for cracks and you will have cracks with W.

Trouble is you have to by a bucket at like £100 a tub with 20 1kg satchets in it. I have had mine now for over 3 years and still not used half a satchet yet. I will be 80 before i get through this lot or 60 if I use W again.

Wbr's Ibocar is fast. 20 mins tops. Great for cracks and you will have cracks with W.

Trouble is you have to by a bucket at like £100 a tub with 20 1kg satchets in it. I have had mine now for over 3 years and still not used half a satchet yet. I will be 80 before i get through this lot or 60 if I use W again.

Just say it rigs... w.e.b.e.r

Lol

Only 3m2 but all done in 4hrs using half ltr per bag. Hope it dont crack! It chucked it down for about 10 mins after it went on as well thought it was gonna wash.

I would be very careful about using third party accelerators . If anything goes wrong with the render your giving the manufacturer s every reason to walk away and say not our problem .

Looking for a bit of advice on how to dose this using a mtec300, as the water supply is constantly filling the butt up (butt with stop cock)
Is anyone using accelerator with an electric machine? How is it done? 2-3 butts for a spray - pre dosed?
Its getting towards that time of year when when same day scrapes turn into very late nights or very hard mornings if overnight.
Used krend accelerator for hand applying today, 25 bags awkward hit + beading/flat start, and home by 3 :RpS_thumbup:
Would like this to be the norm!! F**k the extra cost!
Cheers
How's it going Craig you busy mate? Had a mooch at your website looks good mate,might come down for a busmans holiday one day for the crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.