accelerator

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

ok we have be trying to speed up the setting time on the sand and cement due to it being so cold and stupidly putting water proofer in the scratch coat.. its taking about 10 hours to turn!

we tried a 30-1 accelerator with 6 sand 1 cement and 1 lime + dash of plasterziser?

this did nother to help

some one said dont add the plasterziser so i tried but the mix was dead and couldn't be used with out it?

any help here would be cool

its never easy from now till spring

after end of month no more outside rendering for us(unless its really small) until march

poor light,damp,rain,frost,snow,

put the top coat on a bit thicker it its easier for the scratch coat to draw the moisture out ;)

lol.. well even the thin bit as wet allllll day long.. we atcahlly left one huge wall over night came back the next day at 6am and it was perfect timing for rubbing up!

@ oasis...worth considering a base rend like OCR or similar. (not cpi) you can lay on a load in the afternoon over your scratch coat and in the morning shave it back like a monocouche and sponge float it up. You will have the same finish

feb wintamix , but its very important how you mixing the render , to much water not enough stirring in the mixer will cause you problems .

make sure its not plasticiser and retarder. that will make accelerator not work too well.

just be putting on by 8, knock it up a bit stiffer, dont over rule it, sit in the van and wait. u should be able to get floated in a day easy

If it's still hanging - usually at the bottom - put newspapers onto it to draw some water off. Smooth the paper on with yer trowel and peel off right away.

now if that was me using the newspaper, i guaranf'ckintee you when i peeled the paper off something would go tits up...
unless it was right on top of the drip bead..
come to think of it...
what would happen if you drilled a few little holes in the bellcast and left a sheet under it...
bad idea?
just bored btw.. ;D

lime all the time man!, this time of year i try to put on in the afternoon nice and neat, cover it over, then come back next morning and it rubs up a treat, (obviously being careful of frost) remember make the walls work for you, its going off while you are at home with your feet up,

Fondue . A cup full in every gauge with a two cap fulls of waterproofer and you wont be hanging around too long

If it's still hanging - usually at the bottom - put newspapers onto it to draw some water off. Smooth the paper on with yer trowel and peel off right away.

wow I was going to mention that but I thought **** me I woudl get slaughtered..... but it works!

Danny

yea tried that too Danny ,it works but you will need a few news papers,and it wouldnt work too well on a gable

lol oh yeah I know... lol I had to do it when I was a lab and I like went to the local shop and stuck a ream of th efree newspapers on my shoulder and walked out the shop.... quickly :)

Yea weve got those free newspapers too ,they give them out every morning at the traffic lights ,Hearld am and Metro, its yesterdays news anyway.

I mixed a bucketful of sand & cement and used some frostproofer/accelerator the other day - no water (sand was wet anyhow:RpS_wink:) and took it to next job 20 minutes away, when I got there it was solid. Good stuff in the right quantities:RpS_thumbup:

when its hangin at the bottom because water cant evaporate i usely just scrach the top coat at the bottom back up to let the air get at it till its almost dry then rub back up gently it works for me :RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.