accelerator cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoother09

anyone one know any cheats for krend going off quicker without having to buy the expensive accelerator??

I think @Rigsby mentioned frost proofer rapid hardener ,but the modern renders are not my world

Last edited by a moderator:
just got 7sqmtr to do on friday so dont want to av to go back to it think i heard frost proofer works b4 il just bang a load in and hope for best cheers lol :RpS_thumbup:

Dont bother mate just leave till the day after.I used krend accelerator yeserday and put loads more than recomended and was still there at 8 last night and was still very soft.It was over render board and hpx though.

its on blockwork so i reckon thats gotta knock some time off anyways hopefully!! im at a mates 40th friday night thats why i dont want to be going back sat morning to be honest ha!!:RpS_thumbup:

You wont be going to your mates 40th if the weather stays the same as its been this week.Nowt worse than waiting around for it to go off.

This time of year is so awkward. Most of my work is 10mm mono on a pre rend. So limited suction but only 10mm and being domestic some heat loss.

I did a 17mm Parex on Micro in November last year at 7c in day and 4c overnight. On for 4pm but was hard next morning. I put it down to heat loss.

Doing one this Friday with accelator in so heres hoping.

Bloody hell its been rough this week,Monday was a complete write off with high wind and rain.
Yesterday got a base and mesh on in the rain. Today started well enough and we got 70m of Monorex sprayed but then a bloody monsoon hit us about 3pm and we nearly lost the front so we tarped it over for tomorrows scrape,
The joys of rendering eh.

S the material that bad to work with?
What is the reason?

Well its not like its impossible its just horrible to use. It isn't monorex by the way. Its a strong and dense render can be specified for a wider range of applications due to its ingredients.
What ever its ingredients beside the marble its a poor coverage due to having less bulk, same as krend.

Also takes very little water but at the same time you need it stiff because as soon as you run the edge over it it turns slack on the wall more like a polymer basecoat with no body or binder, just like hpx slacks out of little holes, this stuff slacks but its a lot thicker to deal with.

So your tweaking the water a lot to keep it stiff then leaving it a while to edge. But it still turns to pi55. So a lot more work than normal and then it sets like rock and a lot faster than monorex.

You can't get mineral so white see that's why this product is different. It looks great next to dark grey windows etc but much nicer using mono so that's why I avoid because you want the best stuff to use

Well its not like its impossible its just horrible to use. It isn't monorex by the way. Its a strong and dense render can be specified for a wider range of applications due to its ingredients.
What ever its ingredients beside the marble its a poor coverage due to having less bulk, same as krend.

Also takes very little water but at the same time you need it stiff because as soon as you run the edge over it it turns slack on the wall more like a polymer basecoat with no body or binder, just like hpx slacks out of little holes, this stuff slacks but its a lot thicker to deal with.

So your tweaking the water a lot to keep it stiff then leaving it a while to edge. But it still turns to pi55. So a lot more work than normal and then it sets like rock and a lot faster than monorex.

You can't get mineral so white see that's why this product is different. It looks great next to dark grey windows etc but much nicer using mono so that's why I avoid because you want the best stuff to use

Glad they don't have a sample of it for the customers then!!

its on blockwork so i reckon thats gotta knock some time off anyways hopefully!! im at a mates 40th friday night thats why i dont want to be going back sat morning to be honest ha!!:RpS_thumbup:
Bag it on mate early with 2lt of Frostproofer and accelerator in the mix ,as you said 7m2 ,along as the walls are dry you should be ok for your night out ,we start early add a bit of doctor and still finish by 4.30,but that is with weber

Last edited:
Ive never had one bit of trouble with blanc you must be shite john

You know it's gash don't gimme that.

Like I said, sprays rules finishes and looks nice once complete but I would never choose to use this over monorex/pral/granicem/ k....whoa steady on a minuite

I've been using parex a fair bit now but will try and avoid using it then.if you guys struggle with it what hope have the rest of us got!!

I've been using parex a fair bit now but will try and avoid using it then.if you guys struggle with it what hope have the rest of us got!!

Its not a struggle exactly. Its just not user friendly. Its annoying. Nothing like their monorex which is prob the best to use

Yeah i did but you lot turned him in to a whiner coming out with lines like if i spent a 100 mill i would expect to win the prem so hows that going

Bag it on mate early with 2lt of Frostproofer and accelerator in the mix ,as you said 7m2 ,along as the walls are dry you should be ok for your night out ,we start early add a bit of doctor and still finish by 4.30,but that is with weber

What gauge is best? Accelerator to water and which accelerator thats readily available, got 3m2 to do 60 miles away so want to be in and out same day ideally.

What gauge is best? Accelerator to water and which accelerator thats readily available, got 3m2 to do 60 miles away so want to be in and out same day ideally.
wicks is one or even jewson ,do not go over 1lt per bag ,rule of thumb is 1lt per 6 bags ,hope that helps

Been laying on 15m2 panels 15-17mm thick (weber pral m) with mesh by 10.30-11am, got 200ml of k-rend accelerator per bag(had no weber stuff in stock), its been damp with no sunshine. It has been ready to scratch up by 2-2.30pm, on the way home by 3ish sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.