abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Whats the crack in holland and gearmany atm?
What systems do they use?
Whats the money like?
Have any of you been was it decent?
Is it worth going now?
Any info appreciated bored round here.

Cheers and merry xmas y dusty pricks

Whats the money like?
Is it worth going now?

Cheers and merry xmas y dusty pricks

lol @Marshy I think knows a bit about zee germans...

I am off to europe next year for my hols on the bike and wanna see what the crack is :)

Last edited:
i went to germany in the summer. it was fantastic. four day wedding celebrations. very nice people. becauise of all the turks there they sell really nice kebabs everywhere as well

I was in Berlin in August and there are massive builds going on in the city centre. There must be work out there!

I have no direct experience to relate. However, things are similar now to the '80s in the UK with the exception of rates which are comparatively much lower. So I guess that the same applies to most of Europe, i.e. same **** different decade for less money.

If you want to know what it was like in the '80s I can suggest series 1 of 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet' as excellent research material. :RpS_biggrin:

you have to work through an agency. you need a british address to pay your tax as uk are at a lower rate.if the building contractor can not prove that you have paid the tax the contractor becomes liable.
you will need prove that you are a plasterer, british apprentice indentures are not accepted.

Got offered some work in Amsterdam about 9 month ago money was ok but would have just spent it on shagging so wife would not have been right happy 200 euro a day digs in all Mf work

Got offered some work in Amsterdam about 9 month ago money was ok but would have just spent it on shagging so wife would not have been right happy 200 euro a day digs in all Mf work

those rates are no good, you would not be able to keep up the cost of running 2 homes on that pay, less tax.
i shudder to think of the quality of the accommodation , they tried to get us on a boat where druggies crash out on. we rented a caravan on a site, cheap when there was no holiday makers about, from spring onwards it got more expensive each month.

those rates are no good, you would not be able to keep up the cost of running 2 homes on that pay, less tax.
i shudder to think of the quality of the accommodation , they tried to get us on a boat where druggies crash out on. we rented a caravan on a site, cheap when there was no holiday makers about, from spring onwards it got more expensive each month.
We got so much money a day on top of that for food too like it's ok if yr a single lad but was know good for me it was not great think worked out about 27 pound 7 days a week be lucky if you can get me to travel 10 mile

We got so much money a day on top of that for food too like it's ok if yr a single lad but was know good for me it was not great think worked out about 27 pound 7 days a week be lucky if you can get me to travel 10 mile

every 10 weeks they gave us return tickets on the ferry. if you wanted to go home more often you paid that yourself.
every other week there is a bank holiday in europe you finish up on a 4 day week.

So how would i go about finding the work. So they skim boards like us? I though it would have been mp75 over there

So how would i go about finding the work. So they skim boards like us? I though it would have been mp75 over there

i never saw any plasterboard when i have worked there.
the internal walls are made from plaster block, green for wet rooms, pink for sound block, rooms, bedrooms, and cream for lounge and diner.the external walls are wallpaper blocks.
you stick the beads with gips plaster, float out heads and legs, ruled off both ways with a gage stick then with a straight edge holding it up right .angles must be perfect.
dub out the concrete ceilings and joints in the blocks, and chases and beads with knauf gips.
then skim the walls in sigma self finishing plaster. a chap will come around later with a machine and blow all the ceilings on.
most of the plasterers are direct employed. the agency will advertise for labour in construction news

Last edited:
I think your looking around 22 euro n hour no tax on that. Some will throw ur digs in at that. I'll have a search through my book wen Im home I've Also got a number for a Dutch agency was 20 euro good company work was mostly South Holland Maastricht

you have to work through an agency. you need a british address to pay your tax as uk are at a lower rate.if the building contractor can not prove that you have paid the tax the contractor becomes liable.
you will need prove that you are a plasterer, british apprentice indentures are not accepted.
you can go self employed and work dircect. Just have to go to the tax office and get your paperwork in order. Once you have that you can then open a local bank acount

you can go self employed and work dircect. Just have to go to the tax office and get your paperwork in order. Once you have that you can then open a local bank acount

we have been self employed since the 1960s. we wanted to have the higher european rates of pay but the lower rate of tax of uk. for example uk rate 20% netherlands tax rate 44%.

Its not like it used to be the Euro saw to that to be honest I know ime in London but €20 would not be worth it even if they did pay the digs you can get that here you need to get double what you get here for all the hassle involved like we used to shame as I loved working in Holland Germany.

Whats the money like?
Is it worth going now?

Cheers and merry xmas y dusty pricks[

I think your looking around 22 euro n hour no tax on that. Some will throw ur digs in at that. I'll have a search through my book wen Im home I've Also got a number for a Dutch agency was 20 euro good company work was mostly South Holland Maastricht
cheers mate

Status
Not open for further replies.