A thread about burgers

Members online

Sounds good, but......
Outside the box needs a bit extra......venison mince with a bit of pork mince for the fat content...filled with caramelised onions and red currant sauce......boom!

Goddam that sounds good [emoji14][emoji14]

Sounds good, but......
Outside the box needs a bit extra......venison mince with a bit of pork mince for the fat content...filled with caramelised onions and red currant sauce......boom!

Macoroni stuffed
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1483381432.466178.jpg

I'm thinking of doing something with haggis. The black pudding stuffed burger on my first attempt was good, used to put a haggis and black pudding cottage pie on as a special and went down well. @Dropsalot idea of venison and pork sounds good but I can't get the image out of my head of a gammon burger with an egg in the middle, sod it im off to the butchers tomorrow

Cannae beat a haggis n black pud combo oli..Tis a winner every time.. Try a bit of whisky sauce in there too (y)
And use stornoway black pud:sisi:

Game on for Saturday, I've decided on haggis stuffed with black pudding and peppercorn. Still undecided on seasoning, a touch of soy maybe . My brothers been doing research
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1483560149.110762.jpg

@Dropsalot idea of venison and pork might be a back up plan

This might be the seasoning you're after - or on the other isle is 'donkey-cum'....for that extra sticky chewy lip-smacking flavour
IMG_3721.PNG

Great idea @A.plasterer on the ox trowel thread but cook off is tomorrow so I've made my choice. I thought black pudding might be too rich so I've gone with hogs pudding stuffed haggis burger
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1483644842.860229.jpg

A local charity called asking me to donate old clothes for starving people.

I told them anybody who fits into my clothes isn't starving.

@Olican...well? How did it go?

Well it was a mixed result, everyone doubted my haggis burger saying it wouldn't hold and would be to dry. I added a little breadcrumb to bind it and some oil. It held its shape on preparation..
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1483822365.598053.jpg

I filled it with hogs pudding, finely chopped shallots and some sweated off pepper to try and moisten the filling.

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1483822492.988542.jpg

It held together and was full of flavour, the hogs pudding went really well...the only let down was too dry [emoji17]
Needed a good sauce or cheese, I was hoping it would win on flavour alone.
My brother smashed it with sirloin stuffed with garlic and herb and his secret weapon.. wasabi. A blob in the centre melted through and tasted amazing. t**t!
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1483822751.743645.jpg

Definitely using venison next time

Well it was a mixed result, everyone doubted my haggis burger saying it wouldn't hold and would be to dry. I added a little breadcrumb to bind it and some oil. It held its shape on preparation..
View attachment 15649

I filled it with hogs pudding, finely chopped shallots and some sweated off pepper to try and moisten the filling.

View attachment 15650

It held together and was full of flavour, the hogs pudding went really well...the only let down was too dry [emoji17]
Needed a good sauce or cheese, I was hoping it would win on flavour alone.
My brother smashed it with sirloin stuffed with garlic and herb and his secret weapon.. wasabi. A blob in the centre melted through and tasted amazing. t**t! View attachment 15651
Definitely using venison next time

Thanks once again u made me hungry lol c**t

@Olican Heres some of mine mate made from Venison, not stuffed though. Might get one of those presses you have they look pretty smart.

-jR--teDU-tFX_-mktx1Y3UGGR8NqehiQcTas4bL2OPcJmom8zMTmdqCKGpPgcLkmWwK7K8Klspyjk86J9_qvjhQTZKQ4Iyp-uTYHwJfQeTnE1Jml9pQP-I76YjOxlBBSvTR04AOQ0p_FFTdGDAwh6hMRTgVFttxQOuyVp1Pf63SIKB3LPgNpZmw80-10VxNWlpp6lJd1bYqGpWSil3i3sSfO-LpDno0C5gCYrwdMkEi-QpN3-CEf0R548KaB7zlHSJlVXNS1c4laHhslDiG3CP3UwjJ-jvEzLC3z0G6-98NxR4oeaCsw7LX0jkp4CG9QZ7LHYsHxz6LpQP_6-gaqCqyxC4PuGVXFvKwBsmSNlOLsf0jpnuYA7fiRMrsfmWJzIz_Wup3mmOEJj79ZHcWm6lh4T4CbToRQTG1vxFm8XfA_4MyTk1y7CKa9b25wzUwI_L54OgBMu83GCYRMfJFz6KJxE-mIpavxY_9mjZsoZD7wR7Xb-GNBkdxSe9Fzt-805mSa5gNfL1uXmKNa_GP9GKhE2NViQ5VFLvMzkb15_tV30cGKaexto1TsTnHuDr2uhCXW6zrtn6-RmYIDzo97w3SJInPU0xeDu7wikJYp_Vwz_F8ajgZ=w1325-h638-no
Dam those look good, is it too early to get the barbie out? I'm making some venison and pork burgers on Saturday night , not sure what to stuff with