A nightmare day....cus of schoolboy error!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairybear

Had an 'easy' job on today, 9x7 room, walls only. Glued walls when I got there, fixed metalwork, set up, put second glue coat on, had a brew. As normal, waited for the glue to go tacky and put first coat on. When moving onto the third wall, I looked back at the walls I'd done.......covered in leopard spots!

Had to strip 50% of what I'd already laid! .....what a nightmare it turned out to be.

Teach me to check more than one spot in future!

i rarely throw two coats of glue on and find that it lasts twice as long that way. old wifes tale.

1 coat of micro. By the time you've got your kit in. All your bags fetched your water and set your beads youre good to go

My merchants pick it up direct from parex (10min drive from my house). Like I said in another thread I inquired about picking it up myself but they wouldn't let me.

Officially I dont think youre supposed to. But it has been rumoured you can water it down 70:30 micro: water sometimes more

Speak to parex and they'll tell you your nearest stockist. I could ask my merchants how much itd cost for them to send you up a couple of tubs? There Must be a cheaper option though

I pay around £32+ I think. Works out around £40 inc. just give them a couple of days notice when im running low and they get it on their way past.

If it works out cheap enough I will gladly buy a couple each for you both and send them up together. Gotta be a cheaper way though

Beddy could buy some and send it up to us...:RpS_thumbup:
there will be tim tax on it tho:RpS_thumbdn:

I only ova twice if it's on bonding/browning if it's been left overnight- on re-skims one coat of pva the day before! Easy! ;)

If it works out cheap enough I will gladly buy a couple each for you both and send them up together. Gotta be a cheaper way though
@beddy drop a couple of tubs off at mine on ya way past Ste..........................You can search you family tree while ya up here.................:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem, when it's bad you can't flatten the first coat as the pva won't dry and the trowel rips it off the wall. Also, if you leave it, the pva ends up being absorbed into the first coat and leaving a very weak bond to the wall.....apparently.....

Status
Not open for further replies.