a little advice please

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

duc

hi
owing to the fact works gone quiet and what i have got to go at is external work which i don`t really do until it warms up a bit, i have been wanting to get into this venetian caper for a few years now and am doing a weeks course later in the year...........
anyway the mrs wants me to re-tile the bathroom but i quite fancy having a go at it with venetian marble plastering i have watched a few vids online and to be quite honest feel confident i could carry it out to tidy standard .
i was hoping you guys could advise me as to what materials to buy to carry this out
we are talking a very small bathroom with about 15m2 of plasterboard walls skimmed and a 6m2 plasterboard ceiling with an artex finish(i know shes been nagging me to skim it over for years now)so advice on sealer`s right through to waxes to make a fully waterproof finish as there is a shower above the bath .
i have been looking this package on mike wye`s site ...
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Venetian Plastering Professional Package - £200.00 (incl. VAT)
2 x 2.5kg bag Kreidezeit Lime Wall Finish - Smooth
3 x 1 litre coloured Venetian Plaster (colours of your choice)
1 x 400ml Kreidezeit Polishing/Olive Soap
1 x 400ml Kreidezeit Punic Wax
1 x 200g Biofa Universal Hard Wax
1 x Venetian Plastering DVD
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 x Stainless steel filling spatula, 501IS, 80mm
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 x Stainless steel laying on trowel, 846/I, 200 x 80
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 x Stainless steel polishing trowel, 825/I, 240mm x 100mm thin blade
1 x Stainless steel burnishing trowel, 824I 200 x 80 ultra thin blade
1 x Stainless steel burnishing spatula, 504/IS, 120mm
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
1 x
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Japanese S/S Polishing Trowels - 200 x 60 x 0.2mm Ultra Thin[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
1 x
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Japanese S/S Polishing Trowels - 215 x 60 x 0.3mm Ultra Thin[/FONT]

would it be a good start for my little project :confused::confused:
many thanks for your advice

Hi Duc. Seems a lot of tools to me and less product value. My opinion I would talk to Andy at Decorativeplastering.co.uk he will help you Or just google other products. Know your stuff understand the material as to do a bathroom could be disaster if you don't understand the processes and how to apply etc........ Iam sure that many users on here would agree. Ask Flynnyman.

if i`d of done it b4 henry i wouldn`t be asking :RpS_wink:
i have done lots of lime render/ plastering internal and external including casting and running in-situe mouldings to a very high spec. i`ll post a few pix once i get the ok from the clients i`ve worked for
so quite understand how much attention and looking after needs to be paid to limeworks
this is why i`m asking on here as to materials needed to carry the job out .as i said this is my own bathroom
so if it all goes tits up there`s no comeback on me only from the mrs, but trust me i can handle her:RpS_scared::RpS_scared: .

thanks for your input cararaboy i will certainly get in touch with Andy at Decorativeplastering.co.uk
as for tools i know theres a a lot in that kit but as you know its better to all the kit you may need rather than realizing you need a certain tool to carry out certain jobs so i thought get it all in one hit rather than arse about looking for something after i realize its needed . do you think they are good quality tools or do you know for a better deal or better kit to purchase
as i said its quiet times on me at the mo so i just want to have a go at it before i pay out money for a course in it, which i am hoping to do in the summer the goldtrowel 5 dayer looks favourite at the mo .
anymore advice b4 i get to it.

you will only need 1 tub of venetian coloured to your choice £40.00 1 x burnishing trowel £5.00 should do it no probs get some fine 800 - 1500 grit sandpaper to smooth coats out if required and wax of course, but if your doing a bathroom i would look at an acrylic venetian maybe

Here is one for you I have done a few venetian plastering jobs followed the guilde lines of how to apply used the right tools etc but before i come to wax it the venetian seems to blister in places can anyone advise me on whats going wrong? it tends to happen when i am burnishing it... before wax and lamb wool bonnet polish

i dont understand wat u mean? u said it happens when u goto wax it? but it happens when you burnish it?
anyway burnishing is when your closing the pores, meaning more shine.. it wont happen here its impossible and
then you need to leave it at least 48 hours before waxing. bubbling appears on venetian plaster (lime) when you
apply a coat too early onto an already dampened coat

Hi Pepper As Sparky says, also depends on whos products you are using. Certain products have too many binding agents which can cause serious breakdown problems. Which brand you using then i can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.