a good splash brush? ..pure bristle? ..and do you recognise this?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuk

hi,

1)can anyone identify the brush in the pic?

2)does 'pure bristle' mean 100% natural bristle or something else?

3)who makes the best 100mm brushes? ..and what do you use?

thats what I thought ...then got confused when i seen the b&q ones are synthetic bristle ..yet the one in the pic is supposed to be pure bristle ..hence question 2

is this the one you have?
ht tp://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9254741&fh_view=detail&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9502021}/specificationsProductType=brushes__rollers___pads&ts=1257629759152

richardbrown said:
I use a water brush from refina

I've got one about 3 years old from refina, top piece of kit. Its bristles are quite short now but it's got a prize winning point shape on the end. Ain't been able to find anything as good elsewhere.

cheers
spredz

have a look around the decorators merchats a tidy 1 will cost u about £15-£20. some builders merchants also sell them but would cost u around £400 + vat

im currently using a wickes brush..... the 1 with the wood handle cost about £7
i havnt had it long and alot of the bristles have worn away... so probably get a more epensive 1 next time

The cheap ones are crap.ur best bet is to go mooching around the car boot looking for an old decorators paste brush the 6 or 8 inch ones which have very long fine bristles(made in england jobbies) 20 -30 year old jobbies.
Ive had mine for many years and still has nearly all the bristles.
Buy quality it will last if you respect it.

Back in the day you could bet your life a lab would clean the bath out with your best flatty and knacker the bristles making them swell, used to soak the bristles in brick acid to bring them back to life

skimmin2day said:
The cheap ones are crap.ur best bet is to go mooching around the car boot looking for an old decorators paste brush the 6 or 8 inch ones which have very long fine bristles(made in england jobbies) 20 -30 year old jobbies.
Ive had mine for many years and still has nearly all the bristles.
Buy quality it will last if you respect it.

i not sure they do car boots this time of the year..... ha

I have a pair of those nice Refina brushes and they are great for laying on the wall or ceiling but are rubbish for washing off so I buy some lovely short bristle 6in emulsion brushes from one of those cheapo shops, they cost about £1.50 and are perfect for washing off and keeping the trowel clean when the walls don't need much water.
I remember cleaning my dads best brush in acid just as I had done many times before, unfortunately the builder had bought some super concentrated acid and put it in the normal tub. Having put the brush in some diluted acid and put a drop of the acid in the ali hod I left them for about twenty minutes, on my return the bristles of the brush had melted into one solid blob and there was a hole melted through the hod :eek: needless to say I wasn't in the old mans good books that day.

i bought a new splash brush the other day.. and i cant brush the fat off the trowel with it, because the bristle are to long, so i went back to the wickes brush again

use a 4" scraper to take the fat off youre trowel and pop a nail into the side of the brush so you can hang it off youre bucket to keep it out of the water ..............am i over posting yet ;D

yeah i know that.... i use the bucket trowel for that. im on about when u use water on the last trowel. just couldn't seem to get the fat of the trowel, when the bristle are so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.