A good render mix for this time of year please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi have been talked into 2 rendering jobs, didn't really want to them this time of year but don't like to let people down. So I was wondering in anyone has a good mix for this time of year something that set a bit quicker then normal as it now cold and damp in the air. Any help I would be most grateful:RpS_thumbsup:

I read your post carefully and my answer is this.
If you really don't want to let anyone down then turn these jobs down, as you obviously don't have the necessary knowledge base to take on rendering jobs.
And don't bother saying you do a great job and get an excellent finish on your rendering jobs as neither I nor the other decent renderers on here will believe you.

Had a bad day essexandy?

No I've actually had a very good day earning £200 by 11am sorting out some rendering that had been fecked up by some one else, happy days.
I was just being honest. As I told the guy that I was working for today, "don't feck about with render, it's to expensive to redo".

So charge about £80.00 an hour? That more then my plumber mate he is £65.00 an hour(£420.a day) no wonder you are happy. I would finish at 11 if i earned £200 as well:RpS_biggrin:

We render pretty much throughout the year, we do 95% with this mix 3 x fine washed, 2 x washed and 2 x lime ,never had any major problems!

So charge about £80.00 an hour? That more then my plumber mate he is £65.00 an hour(£420.a day) no wonder you are happy. I would finish at 11 if i earned £200 as well:RpS_biggrin:

£80 an hour, no I didn't get there until 9.15 and then the neighbour made us cup of coffee. This was just the first coat, we're going back to do the plinth next week and then dash the week after. Lovely.

If you really don't want to let anyone down then turn these jobs down, as you obviously don't have the necessary knowledge base to take on rendering jobs.
And don't bother saying you do a great job and get an excellent finish on your rendering jobs as neither I nor the other decent renderers on here will believe you.
Just one other thing I though the idea of this forum was to get help and ask for advise from other plasterer. As for my is rendering is fine I have seen a lot worst then mine and better to. I do a good job and that's way I was asking for some advise on this. That's how we all pick thing up don't know ask but thank you for helpful reply.

Personally I would stay well away from using a non hydraulic lime render, especially as the air is staying damp now.That will take a month of Sundays to carbonise.

Brutal...............but true :RpS_thumbup:

Just one other thing I though the idea of this forum was to get help and ask for advise from other plasterer. As for my is rendering is fine I have seen a lot worst then mine and better to. I do a good job and that's way I was asking for some advise on this. That's how we all pick thing up don't know ask but thank you for helpful reply.

I'll tell you how fecking helpful I am, I sat down and wrote a whole fricking guide to rendering with sand and cement for the forum (when asked).
So go read it and see what it says about mixes for different times of the year. Your welcome.

I'll tell you how fecking helpful I am, I sat down and wrote a whole fricking guide to rendering with sand and cement for the forum (when asked).
So go read it and see what it says about mixes for different times of the year. Your welcome.
Why did you not say that in the first place. I was only a question you got all nasty before it began.You do not know my work so how can you be so judgmental. Thanks for the info I will see if can find it.

Hi have been talked into 2 rendering jobs, didn't really want to them this time of year but don't like to let people down. So I was wondering in anyone has a good mix for this time of year something that set a bit quicker then normal as it now cold and damp in the air. Any help I would be most grateful:RpS_thumbsup:

Just do it the same as you normally would but put less or no waterproofer in your scratch. Not much you can do to counter frost apart from strapping a hairdrier to your crotch and thrusting your pelvis at the soaking wet render.

See how helpful i am, I might write a guide of my own some day.

Or you could throw a handful of bonding in each mix, drop to your knees facing East and chant to Rendah, the sand and cement God....there is only one!

Why did you not say that in the first place. I was only a question you got all nasty before it began.You do not know my work so how can you be so judgmental. Thanks for the info I will see if can find it.

I wasn't being nasty but honest in my first post and I stand by it. With rendering you're messing about with the outside of the largest investment most people will ever make and if you don't know the correct mixes to use then you should leave well alone. Again I'm being honest not nasty.
When you first come onto the forum you have to scroll down past the guide section to get to the rendering section so why not look in the guides first? I could go on but I don't think there's any point.

i havn't renedered in anger for over 10yrs....must admit i quite enjoyed it....so i ask all you renders what do you think is best...s&c or this new(well new to me) weber stuff?

I use lime ,washed sand and fine sand mix about 300 days of the year, got well used to using it now days its become the norm, we get the odd moncouche job which i enjoy too, but we get more for the lime work as hardly anyone round here does it!

Status
Not open for further replies.