A different approach

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

The last 5/6 jobs ive priced the customer has asked me to drop the price for cash, normally i just say no and get on my toes and just wait to see if i get the job.

Anyway, it happened again at a job i priced so i thought i would change tactic and it went like this

Customer: "Any chance you can drop the price for cash"
Arti: "What do you do for a living"?
Customer:" I'm a manager at Sainsbury's, Why"?
Arti:" If your boss asked you tomorrow to drop your hourly rate rate for cash, would you" ?
Customer: "Definately not".
Arti: "Well, thats what your asking me to do, To take a drop in wages!. Do you think your worth your wage"?
Customer:" I'm probably under paid for the work i do. But i get your point. When can you start"

:RpS_thumbup:

when they say "can you drop your price for cash" i just say "that is for cash" shuts em up every time

I used to say that jess but now I just say nope it all goes in the bank so it doesn't matter how I get paid. Dont know whos listening. Could even be recording you for all you know.

I'm going to copy that one arti, nice one. I'm with you on this one beddy, I tell people the same; it all gets declared :RpS_biggrin:

The last 5/6 jobs ive priced the customer has asked me to drop the price for cash, normally i just say no and get on my toes and just wait to see if i get the job.

Anyway, it happened again at a job i priced so i thought i would change tactic and it went like this

Customer: "Any chance you can drop the price for cash"
Arti:" If your boss asked you tomorrow to drop your hourly rate rate for cash, would you" ?
Arti: "Well, thats what your asking me to do, To take a drop in wages!. Do you think your worth your wage"?
Customer:" I'm probably under paid for the work i do. But i get your point. When can you start"

So when did you bum him :RpS_confused:

I've just done a job in one of the biggest houses on the poshest street in town. £150k worth of cars on the driveway. It was only a small ceiling repair in a utility, I told him £150 and he asked me if I could do any better for cash. I told him I would do a £20 discount if he let me have a spin in his Jaguar XF. He gave me a cheque for £150 funnily enough. And really strange this but I didn't bum him, neither did he bum me.

Also not forgetting bank charges are more for putting cash in compared to a cheque. Bacs are better still as they are free

I used to say that jess but now I just say nope it all goes in the bank so it doesn't matter how I get paid. Dont know whos listening. Could even be recording you for all you know.

Jeez, I know I've been gone a while but calling other people Jess is well out of order................ or did you just miss me that? :RpS_blushing:

Customer: "Any chance you can drop YOUR TROUSERS for cash":RpS_scared:

:)

@JessThePlasterer I think most of us think your lovely and can have the crack with you aswell (by crack I don't mean literally!!) Plus your a northener so I can understand you lol :RpS_thumbup:
Had a nightmare in Surrey nobody understood a word I said!!?? Chippie tea chippie tea I want my chippie tea lol :RpS_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.