A bit of advice...?

Members online

Lizzie

Hi there,
New to this forum - hello all.
I was wondering if I could ask a bit of advice...
We're having our front room re-done, shoddy lining paper removed, re-skimmed, redecorated, new skirting etc. Most of the work very happy with but we've replaced the sockets and light switch and we've got gaps around the edges where they haven't lifted the outlets to plaster behind. I've asked them to tidy them up, probably needs filling behind all the sockets to make the wall completely flat so the sockets sit flush.They have to come back anyway to finish some other bits so I haven't paid yet.
Sound fair enough? Any advice on this?
Thanks!
Lizzie

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_151233.jpg
    IMG_20210516_151233.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20210516_151154.jpg
    IMG_20210516_151154.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20210516_151145.jpg
    IMG_20210516_151145.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20210516_151110.jpg
    IMG_20210516_151110.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
When they plastered they removed sockets and switches from wall? No? Should of anyhows its nothing of a job decorator could of got that hardly worth sticking up on a plastering forum! I smell a rat!!

Had two sausage cobs from local shop down the road this morning I didn’t pay either I refused , cobs were nice though

Hi there,
New to this forum - hello all.
I was wondering if I could ask a bit of advice...
We're having our front room re-done, shoddy lining paper removed, re-skimmed, redecorated, new skirting etc. Most of the work very happy with but we've replaced the sockets and light switch and we've got gaps around the edges where they haven't lifted the outlets to plaster behind. I've asked them to tidy them up, probably needs filling behind all the sockets to make the wall completely flat so the sockets sit flush.They have to come back anyway to finish some other bits so I haven't paid yet.
Sound fair enough? Any advice on this?
Thanks!
Lizzie
Decorators forum.

Now now, nobody said anything about not paying. I just wanted advice about whether it was normal to plaster around the sockets, or if it was expected that they be removed to plaster behind, to avoid the above. Not gonna get it here though I can see. I'll ask someone else.
Ta!

Now now, nobody said anything about not paying. I just wanted advice about whether it was normal to plaster around the sockets, or if it was expected that they be removed to plaster behind, to avoid the above. Not gonna get it here though I can see. I'll ask someone else.
Ta!
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Ta!
In future pay a sparky to remove sockets, isolate and fit socket beads. They can then return after plastering to refit sockets.