9 inch wall

ankers

Can you still use sand and cement with w/p on a 9 inch solid wall bit unsure as when used with rising damp you stop the damp with new dpc. When its a 9 inch solid wall it will always be wet. I wanted to use insulation board but they want to keep all skirts on so havent got the space for board. Thanks

Can you still use sand and cement with w/p on a 9 inch solid wall bit unsure as when used with rising damp you stop the damp with new dpc. When its a 9 inch solid wall it will always be wet. I wanted to use insulation board but they want to keep all skirts on so havent got the space for board. Thanks
There is no such thing as rising damp. :coffe:

I could not tell you without looking at the problem but i can tell you it is not damp that is rising,

There is no such thing as rising damp. :coffe:

Rising damp is a bit of a myth. Cold condenses on the lowest part of the wall, giving evidence to the myth of rising damp. You need to raise the thermal temperature of the wall with either thermal boards or limelite or sand and cement with waterproofed to stop it gathering

If rising damp is a myth and its all condensation why do internal walls get wet when it the same temperature on both sides?..

Bricks are not waterproof by design.
Unless they are Staffordshire blue engineering brick.

Clay (waterproof) shaped and naked into a brick is waterproof by design. Blue engineering brick is a much denser tighter packed brick. Used as a dpc moons ago but all bricks are technically designed as waterproof

Thats why clay bricks suck in moisture like anything? The only bricks that are designed specifically to be waterproof are class A and B engineering bricks.

Thats why clay bricks suck in moisture like anything? The only bricks that are designed specifically to be waterproof are class A and B engineering bricks.
That why your mug of tea and bowl of cereal every morning drink your brew and milk? (Baked clay) look mate believe in rising damp I’ve spent most my life treating it. I just don’t think everyone knows the facts

That why your mug of tea and bowl of cereal every morning drink your brew and milk? (Baked clay) look mate believe in rising damp I’ve spent most my life treating it. I just don’t think everyone knows the facts
I spent a few years treating it too but never saw any evidence other than the magic damp meter that is really for measuring moisture in timber and not so called rising damp . It a complete con.Imo.

So you have never been to a property and seen piss wet wallpaper or a tide mark of moisture? I see this most weeks in the rentals i deal with.....
yes but is not damp that is rising. Have a look in the damp section at the post about rising damp being a myth then let me know what you think.

I had suspected rising damp in my stone house which was renovated in the early 90’s.
It was plasterboarded over and the lower half of the walls were actually damp and the board was falling apart.
I removed the board and the cement and to my amazement the stonework wall was bone dry. I have replastered in lime and painted with earthbourne paint. No sign of damp and the place feels 100% healthier.

I dont what too believe on this.
I live in Lytham st.annes on sea.
It's well known theres a huge lake under the town.
All new builds are underpinned first.
I've been under my house which is old it seems quite damp down there...but no issues with rising damp.

Because it doesn’t actually rise. How many old bridges, leets and canals have you seen with water being sucked up the masonry a metre high?

Because it doesn’t actually rise. How many old bridges, leets and canals have you seen with water being sucked up the masonry a metre high?

Water soaks up everything ....fuucking headache.
England's great in the summer for plastering shite in the winter xx