600 centers

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Why do they do these. If I.m boarding I stick some timbers in if needed but did a job other day which was all ready and ends of boards were loose as hell . He may have even used nine mm and I know there gonna show up . . ANY tips to prevent this besides taking boards down . I know some times they trowel out bit these were shocki g

Not much you can do, it was ready for you to skim and that's all they wanted you to do. If they not happy then it's down to them. Only thing you can do is to put noggings in if you have access from above, fix the boards to the new noggings then skim it again.

Thing is if it cracks they'll blame the spread they'll say you mustn't have scrimmed or you've one costed or some b*ll***s. Anything to get out of admitting they can't board a celing properly

Divint worry about it, all your quotes and invoices should state no guarantee is implied or offered against cracking where the plaster boarding has not been carried out by yourself (y)

Coincidentally I had a call the other day from a client telling me "your plastering is cracking".
I said "ta very much" and hung up.

Coincidentally I had a call the other day from a client telling me "your plastering is cracking".
I said "ta very much" and hung up.

I went to the chinese a while back.

Had the fish. It was rubbery so I summoned the Maitre 'D and told him what I thought.

'Fank you velly much', he beamed.

images

600 are bollox on ceilings, even with 15mm boards.
If they insulate after boarding and prior to skimming they'll need floating out they sag that much