5x4 living room ceiling over-board and skim

Members online

You’re forgetting that most people get 3 quotes.

So they’ll know he’s expensive. So they’ll be a reason they choose him. Maybe he’s the most professional and they don’t want some cheap ttanp in their house

Any decent spread will know how much to charge per mtr for boarding and skimming a room.
allowing for variations such as mileage, amount of sheeting up etc, everything else is the same.
nobody is using gold leaf covered plasterboard or silver plated screws.

Any decent spread will know how much to charge per mtr for boarding and skimming a room.
allowing for variations such as mileage, amount of sheeting up etc, everything else is the same.
nobody is using gold leaf covered plasterboard or silver plated screws.

That's ridiculous, there is no set rate for anything in life, the market dictates, along with the quality of work on offer.

Who decides what the rate should be? Is there a maximum amount a plasterer is allowed to earn? Is it £100 a day, £200,£400?

That's ridiculous, there is no set rate for anything in life, the market dictates, along with the quality of work on offer.

Who decides what the rate should be? Is there a maximum amount a plasterer is allowed to earn? Is it £100 a day, £200,£400?
everything has a market value, even a mars bar. we live in a country where plastering materials and plasterers are abundant, it should be fairly consistent.

£4k because I don’t like the color of the scrim

613E1CB4-4640-432F-AF56-30581F5439A6.jpeg

everything has a market value, even a mars bar. we live in a country where plastering materials and plasterers are abundant, it should be fairly consistent.

If it was consistent then why do people's prices vary so much?

It's everything but consistent.. Why is your price correct and not the guy charging half what you charge?

If it was consistent then why do people's prices vary so much?

It's everything but consistent.. Why is your price correct and not the guy charging half what you charge?
greed and undercharging, both as bad as each other,

Area defo plays a big part . That's why some lads from north like to go London as can make lot better money. But a londoner wouldn't come up here to work . But I.ve seen em in bars up here thinking its f**k**g christmas with price we pay for a pint

So you are correct and anyone with a different idea of fair price to you is wrong? Lol

I hate greed, I'm also aware of how business works though.
no ,i am guilty of both overcharging and undercharging it is human emotion.

I can't believe people are defending £760 to board and skim a ceiling and it taking some lazy f**k*r 2 days lol. So he's not even making that much money off the job per day and he's ripping the person off. I'd prefer someone to actually do a days work and charge £400 a day than piss around dragging a job out pretending it's half a days work to get materials and sheet up and then it's lunch time

I can't believe people are defending £760 to board and skim a ceiling and it taking some lazy f**k*r 2 days lol. So he's not even making that much money off the job per day and he's ripping the person off. I'd prefer someone to actually do a days work and charge £400 a day than piss around dragging a job out pretending it's half a days work to get materials and sheet up and then it's lunch time

Algeeman can skim 5 x what you can in a day, earn twice what you earn but still charge less..

So one could say you're a lazy robbing c**t too..

Algeeman can skim 5 x what you can in a day, earn twice what you earn but still charge less..

So one could say you're a lazy robbing c**t too..
Well firstly he couldn't unless he does 30 bag days. Secondly comparing site and domestic is dumb as f**k. my pricing is in line with the majority of other plasterers day rates. Always going to be exceptions but that's madness, and he's not evening earning loads per day either, slightly expensive per day and slow, what a combination

I'm moving into surveying..currently doing a diploma...and I'm developing. Will still be plastering on my own projects would find it hard to let someone else do it.
Quantity surveying or building surveying? when i left school i wanted to be a surveyor. i went to college and eventually got myself enrolled at plymouth university to do a RICS approved building surveying degree, i joined on to the course and quickly found it to be unbelievably boring and incredibly difficult to do all the maths that was involved. i only lasted six months because it was obvious i just didn't have the brains for it. wondered whether to try again but if anything after years of not using my brain being a plasterer i doubt I'm anywhere near clever enough.

He's charging double the price of a lot of good tradesman and 50% more than lurpak ffs lol. If that's not a sign you're ripping people off I don't know what is. £780 to board and skim a ceiling, dear god
it might sound expensive but he could be vat registered, and as I'm always yapping on about it ill say again who pays his holiday pay, sick, pension contributions. all those extra hours for doing quotes at night when the average guy clocks off at 5 were out there looking at jobs.

Quantity surveying or building surveying? when i left school i wanted to be a surveyor. i went to college and eventually got myself enrolled at plymouth university to do a RICS approved building surveying degree, i joined on to the course and quickly found it to be unbelievably boring and incredibly difficult to do all the maths that was involved. i only lasted six months because it was obvious i just didn't have the brains for it. wondered whether to try again but if anything after years of not using my brain being a plasterer i doubt I'm anywhere near clever enough.
I just looked in to doing a bike mechanic course. Mainly to maintain my own bike (pushbike) like you said not sure I can concentrate enough to listen . Plus it was a 10 day course 2 days a week for 1100 quid lol

I just looked in to doing a bike mechanic course. Mainly to maintain my own bike (pushbike) like you said not sure I can concentrate enough to listen . Plus it was a 10 day course 2 days a week for 1100 quid lol
I looked at doing plumbing night school course and then gas afterwards the course fees were so expensive it was ridiculous. And even if I did the course who wants a thirty six year old man with no practical on site experience and a few fresh certificates. I’d be like one of those guys you get on here with all the qualifications but no idea and you just know they’ve already missed the boat.

I looked at doing plumbing night school course and then gas afterwards the course fees were so expensive it was ridiculous. And even if I did the course who wants a thirty six year old man with no practical on site experience and a few fresh certificates. I’d be like one of those guys you get on here with all the qualifications but no idea and you just know they’ve already missed the boat.
Never too old mate

I'm always amazed at people who charge as little as possible then crow about it like it's a good thing. If you're running a business then the sole purpose of it (or any business) is to make a as much profit as possible. If it doesn't then what you are actually doing is maximising someone else's profit, either an individual or a company.

A kitchen extension will typically add around 25% to the value of the property, that 25% then increases by whatever the percentage increase is for the property overall. So round here lets say a £250k property is having £62.5k added, and that's going up by 5-7% a year. If the extension costs £50k to build then the home owner is making an instant £12.5k off the back of someone else's labour and knowledge. That's fine, no problem with it at all, but it's absolute insanity to then increase that profit and reduce your own.

The only 'fair' trading method is the barter system, and that's not exactly popular. The reason for that is no one profits from it.

I'm always amazed at people who charge as little as possible then crow about it like it's a good thing. If you're running a business then the sole purpose of it (or any business) is to make a as much profit as possible. If it doesn't then what you are actually doing is maximising someone else's profit, either an individual or a company.

A kitchen extension will typically add around 25% to the value of the property, that 25% then increases by whatever the percentage increase is for the property overall. So round here lets say a £250k property is having £62.5k added, and that's going up by 5-7% a year. If the extension costs £50k to build then the home owner is making an instant £12.5k off the back of someone else's labour and knowledge. That's fine, no problem with it at all, but it's absolute insanity to then increase that profit and reduce your own.

The only 'fair' trading method is the barter system, and that's not exactly popular. The reason for that is no one profits from it.
It's like going into a pub though, there's a happy medium between making a profit and being a greedy landlord. £2.50 a pint, erm doesn't taste great but christ it's cheap. £4.50 a pint, seems about right, tastes spot on. £8 a pint, they've got some nice music on and service with a smile, but it doesn't make it a fair price and they're robbing f**k**s lol. There'll always be some people who'll pay the top end price though, but I wouldn't want to charge it

i went through a phase of quoting cheap when i started off to get customers in, then when had more customer base prices went up. id literally take on any s**t job that come my way, with the optimism that it would lead to good things. in reality s**t jobs just lead to more s**t jobs. so wouldn't want to get caught in the habit of working for budget end customers again.

i went through a phase of quoting cheap when i started off to get customers in, then when had more customer base prices went up. id literally take on any s**t job that come my way, with the optimism that it would lead to good things. in reality s**t jobs just lead to more s**t jobs. so wouldn't want to get caught in the habit of working for budget end customers again.

Which is exactly my point really. You made a business decision, low price to increase revenue and get established then increase the price/profit once you were.

Reactions: tcd
It's like going into a pub though, there's a happy medium between making a profit and being a greedy landlord. £2.50 a pint, erm doesn't taste great but christ it's cheap. £4.50 a pint, seems about right, tastes spot on. £8 a pint, they've got some nice music on and service with a smile, but it doesn't make it a fair price and they're robbing f**k**s lol. There'll always be some people who'll pay the top end price though, but I wouldn't want to charge it

It's a good example to use because the customer can choose which place to drink in. Some will pay top whack, and some won't or can't but it's their choice and no one's being forced.

To me a rip off is when there's only one pub for miles and they charge £10:00 a pint because the customer doesn't have much choice.

It's a good example to use because the customer can choose which place to drink in. Some will pay top whack, and some won't or can't but it's their choice and no one's being forced.

To me a rip off is when there's only one pub for miles and they charge £10:00 a pint because the customer doesn't have much choice.
If there was only one pub in miles charging a tenner a pint I.d walk to next f**k*r anyway lol @Cockney1