57m2 render

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you price the job in the first place cooptaza or are you a Labour only plasterer? If so, do you not find that a bit restrictive?

You dont have to ssume anything, he just asked a question about how much materials he should order. Doesn't mean he is daft. You seem quite confident though. How much materials would you order Olican, just say 200m2 area. scratch coat 4:1 smooth render 6:1:1. 8mm Scratch and 10mm final coat. I have to do a job that size and thought you could help me.

you wouldnt put the top coat on thicker than the scrat ch.

you wouldnt put the top coat on thicker than the scrat ch.
I didn't say i would either, I was just giving Olican some details to see if he was Mr Great, giving Steveo69 a hard time cause he wasn't sure about how much materials to use. It was his 2nd post and prob joined for advice. But im sure he will be hesitant about posting again

as far as i remember tp and jewsons used to be 850 bulk bags? but either way weve all concluded theyre definatly not a tonne lol

when i used to order sand, i always used to order in meters. they used to deliver on a flatbed a lot of the time. guess it depends on whos your local i guess

@cooptaza u argumentative little sausage. you seem to have twice asked people in your last few posts how much material they would order based on a example situation, yet youve conveniently decided to not answer how you worked out youd need double the amount of sand youd actually need on the ops question.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you order one metre of sand

ask the merchants. if u work it out on a cubic meterage, when u order say i need say 5 meters. then u normally have to repeat it if its jewsons or someone and they will convert it. a couple of places nr me sell mainly sand and will deliver on a flat bed. and the sand grabber/bucket is a measured meter. so they do it on mass not weight, which i think is more sensible.

Knew i should went to school :) then again if i did id be sat in a warm office flirting with my secretary instead of a load of hairy arse plasterers :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.