45 degree angle ceiling/ vaulted ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowland gatward

Anyone got any tips on finishing the top edge on a 45 degree ceiling where it hits the flat ceiling cos I can never get a nice straight line? Normally the board work ain't dead straight but still must be a way of getting it better than I've been? Is there such thing as a 45 degree angle trowel maybe? Thanks

Depends how uneven it is, but if ya really want it nice and flat use a string-line and build it out with bonding first Rowland:RpS_thumbup:

Must admit I always try to talk 'em into curving it:RpS_sneaky:

if its not straight m8 i would put bonding on it and use the feathered edge of a straightedge that should fit into the angle, you do get angle trowels that are ajustable might be worth getting

plenty of options there for ya mate:RpS_thumbup:, if the customer is not sure what they want i always suggest curving them and have lost count of the times they have said, oh that looks nice and much better than a striaght line, :RpS_bored:

I have done then with a 3 mm stop bead and also worked to a straight edge , they are fiddley to do but do look good if done right,
Make sure you boarding is cock on .

Also make sure you tape the angle i prefer to tape it with the bonding, coz it wont stick to the bonding afterwards also the wider fibre tape is ideal for curved angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.