3 phase Genny wanted 15kva minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire10

Hi guys interested in getting hold of a 3 phase genny gen plus systems or similar.
Have one of these Diesel Generator WS15000TA3 products, buy Diesel Generator WS15000TA3 products from alibaba.com

As new with 6 hours on it absolutely lovely genny.
Unfortunately it is not the correct spec for my utiform quattro.
It is 380v 16a 13 Kva rated to 15 kva.
I need a 415v 32a 15 kva setup, Im sure it can be converted but have no idea where to go to get this done.
Just need to get sorted and dont mind if the genny is not perfect so if you fancy a straight swap and you get an as new Genny for your old contact me.
Not bothered if Diesel or Petrol.
Or if you just have a genny with the spec im after let me know.
Cheers Ant

Are you sure this wont work. Many generators come with 16 amp plug outlets as do many machines come with 16 amp sockets. Have you tried buying a 16 amp socket to fit the generator connected to a small piece of 6mm SY cable and a 32 amp socket to fit the machine. A make shift adapter cable. I use them all the time for my generators or monojet etc.

Hi guys cheers for your answers, yep use a cable with 16a connector to the genny and 32a the other end for the machine.
It starts the quattros motor and powder feed but isnt giving enough to spray mono efficiently I think due to the 380v setup.
I wouldnt know where to start to convert it. I know If I had the 415 electric setup the output would be nearer 16kva. Its a lovely genny but I need to get running and am will to trade for a used genny with more hours.
Just want to get running, used a gen plus systems genny and worked fine.
Any ideas or feedback greatly recieved.
The genny has full manual spare gasket set and nearly full tank of diesel and starts first time check the spec out on the link its a vtwin air cooled.
Cheers guys
Hope to hear back soon

It cant recover the revs needed for start up, small diesels like the wanky one you bought generaly run at 3000rpm, petrols at 3600rpm thats your problem imo.If you go diesel you need 20kva at 1500rpm sorry mate.

LMAO it does not drop in revs on startup at all starts with both powder feed and motor running. Revs are not the problem I think the 380v is the problem.
Cheers though mate your post made me laugh and after a s**t day thats a good thing!

Your generator could possibly be drawing more amps. check your trip switch and see what its rated at first. Let us know.

There may be a simpler solution.
A d 4-2 rotor and stator is much easier to start turning than a d 6-3 will be. Maybe if you lighten the load on start up you can achieve making your machine start and stop with the genny you have.
A new D4-2 is about £80 and a jacket clamp for it about £60. It is a simpler solution to the problem you have. Whereabouts you based

Didn't mean to make a bad day worse, sorry if I did, I have been told utiform need a 20kva genny buy CES who sell these pumps. This wont help but the most important thing with these mixerpumps is generator as you're finding out, sorry.

Your generator could possibly be drawing more amps. check your trip switch and see what its rated at first. Let us know.

There may be a simpler solution.
A d 4-2 rotor and stator is much easier to start turning than a d 6-3 will be. Maybe if you lighten the load on start up you can achieve making your machine start and stop with the genny you have.
A new D4-2 is about £80 and a jacket clamp for it about £60. It is a simpler solution to the problem you have. Whereabouts you based
This is exellent advice from a brand new Father!

Didn't mean to make a bad day worse, sorry if I did, I have been told utiform need a 20kva genny buy CES who sell these pumps. This wont help but the most important thing with these mixerpumps is generator as you're finding out, sorry.

Cheers guys well Mcplaster I know CES say that but using a gen plus systems 15kva genny sprayed a 40m2 elevation through 10m hose (mono) no problem at all.
Cheers the blones based in Bognor Regis mate currently running a PFT twister with it and lube rotor stator taking fully out with washing up liquid then also mix up pre mix for startup.

I thought that to richardbrown but believe me its really well made absolutely solid.
Remember as much as I dont want to admit it the chinese are slowly taking over the earth. They along with the japanese build nearly every piece of plant that me or you have ever used!
Most of the time things are chinese rebranded anyway we are all sold things at a premium just because we are british and trust people!

I believe wih vat it was £2300 new, I got it for £1350. It will run anything else but no good for what I want but never mind live and learn. Any help appreciated though

hey mate the r&s makes a big difference, my xl is much more comfortable with d4-2 clamped than with twister.....setup at around 10-12bar it's a much lighter load for the genny. worth a try

Fire they run PFT G4s with a 12kva no problems. Wack a D4-2 with clamp on it first, if it still has trouble sorry. Blones does know the craic. Turn powder feed or compressor off and see if it helps, if not windings on genny insufficiant hence 380v.

Last edited:
Cheers Goody will definately look into that buddy but ill be honest if someone just has a genny that will work first time without any messing around I would love it.
Anyone is welcome to have a look at the genny and see it running I think it would easily fetch £1200 with as few hours as it has.
But anyway does not need to be an exchange or part ex just open to ideas.
Cheers again

the pft richy brown honda genny is a stormer for it's size/manouverability......am I right in thinking they're available in a 15/16kva version now too? And they come with the snazzy new gx660 engines now:RpS_drool:

Fire.
Try a D 4-2 clampable before you do anything. Believe me you are not the first person on this forum to have this problem. K rend was always a big problem to pump with smaller generators and would appear to jam the rotor and stator on start up. The d 4-2 ammended this problem.

It is a rotor and stator that takes less effort to rotate and therefore draws less amps and power off your generator.

I have a customer who regularly hires generators of us and uses a quattro. He has no problems with it and had over 25 ton from his last D4-2 set up.

Sounds like you could do with a trip to pft wales with your kit to see the bloner, maybe you can sort your own setup out. you will have to cross his palm with silvers maybe in exchange for technical services?

Cheers theblones your help in this matter has been greatly appreciated mate, I will look into the d 4-2.
also got a generator techy down on Thurs who think knowing the genny that ours is USA spec.
He thinks he can easily change it to 415 32a from 380 16a.
He thinks this will then easily achieve 16 kva.
If I then add that to a d 4-2 hopefully be pumping all day long.
Cheers everyone especially thblones your a ledge.
Ill keep you posted.

well thats arite then. cos i got no qualms driving to your house and slapping you in front of your misses. I'm here i'm there ....so....beware

behaaave eweself

Status
Not open for further replies.