3 myths about plasterers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Just like the title says, 3 myths about plasterers ive heard throughout the years. What about yourselves, have you heard some good myths about plasterers.

1- You never see a plasterer whos fat - reason being, they are very active all day

2- If your a plasterer then youve a nice wee heart attack waiting for you in later life and its most likely youll die from it - Reason being, we put alot of strain on our hearts troweling up all day every day.

3- Plasterers are either a good skimmer or good renderer, you cant have both - reason being, it takes years to master 1 of them so you cant master both.

The three i was told were,

"Why do you want to be a plasterer you'll only end up as"

1. Rapist
2. Armed robber
3. Alcoholic

Although these could have been biased by reports in the tabloids that day in 1980 where all three of the above had been comitted by plasterers in various parts of the uk.

The three i was told were,

"Why do you want to be a plasterer you'll only end up as"

1. Rapist
2. Armed robber
3. Alcoholic

Although these could have been biased by reports in the tabloids that day in 1980 where all three of the above had been comitted by plasterers in various parts of the uk.
Two out of three aint bad(y)

You have a greater reach , although I've always assumed that depends on what's on offer or who's pissing you off:sisi:

Just like the title says, 3 myths about plasterers ive heard throughout the years. What about yourselves, have you heard some good myths about plasterers.

1- You never see a plasterer whos fat - reason being, they are very active all day

2- If your a plasterer then youve a nice wee heart attack waiting for you in later life and its most likely youll die from it - Reason being, we put alot of strain on our hearts troweling up all day every day.

3- Plasterers are either a good skimmer or good renderer, you cant have both - reason being, it takes years to master 1 of them so you cant master both.

plenty of fat plasterers, what you do not want to see is a fat plasterers labour.

heart attacks, nothing to worry about, i have had 3 heart attacks, and a 4x bypass.

skimming and rendering, if you are a plasterer you need to be able to do more then those two!

Meanwhile
image.jpeg

T
Number 1 is b*ll***s. First 'plasterer' i worked a day with looked like jonny vegas.
That y plasterss get so much health problems number 1 dust 2 smoking 3 pub after work 4 unhealthy diet 5 shaging to much I'm 78 and still going strong

plenty of fat plasterers, what you do not want to see is a fat plasterers labour.

heart attacks, nothing to worry about, i have had 3 heart attacks, and a 4x bypass.

skimming and rendering, if you are a plasterer you need to be able to do more then those two!

You're made of strong stuff @malc! My old boss is still doing 3 days a week at 77. He's another one made of strong stuff. Don't make em like they used to haha

I do know quite a few site bashers who do that to, they lay on a massive hit then bugger off at spoons for a hour and leave laborer to finish up, then do another big set and leave laborer to finish off pack up kit and pick them up from pub and drop them off at local every day..

Don't know how they do it cause they graft to...

Guy who taught me was taught by a bloke that finished plastering at 80 (not full time of course). He went to work in a shirt and tie with overalls over the top apparently. First time a bead was brought out he fixed it then started plastering over it with an external twitcher...."no" they said "you don't have to do that anymore".

3 heart attacks... ouch

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

the first one was a big one, did not even have the strength to walk , left me with damage to the front of my heart.
the next 2 were only small, a sharp pain for a couple of minutes then ever thing back to normal.

when i had my bypass in st barts london they cancelled other heart ops that day with 4 surgeons operating at the same time. as they had to do the bypass on the back of the heart which is a lot more difficult they to needed stop my heart of the shortest time to give me the best chance to survive.
they did a good job, as now when i have a blood pressure test they say that it is perfect.

the first one was a big one, did not even have the strength to walk , left me with damage to the front of my heart.
the next 2 were only small, a sharp pain for a couple of minutes then ever thing back to normal.

when i had my bypass in st barts london they cancelled other heart ops that day with 4 surgeons operating at the same time. as they had to do the bypass on the back of the heart which is a lot more difficult they to needed stop my heart of the shortest time to give me the best chance to survive.
they did a good job, as now when i have a blood pressure test they say that it is perfect.

Amazing what modern medicine and surgeons can do

Not sort of thing you can "like" so :tanguero:hat off to you sir :birra:and a drink to yer health.

Status
Not open for further replies.