2mm thick

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly to BG recommendations, and I've never used pva either! bond it only.
. ....BG know what their stuff.....:RpS_biggrin:
stick to their spec,.:RpS_laugh:

If B.G reckon 10m2 per bag at 2mm, then i dont because even with 2 coats on tapered edge boards i'm getting 13-14 m2 per bag.

Never in 27 years cared about the 2 mm on the bag or measured how many metres to a bag, more a mix till I tell you to stop when I was young and fit... I liked the cheque not the statistics like 95 percent of us

2mm per coat more like.

They made a plaster called Veneer plaster in the early 80's. That was two coats at 1mm per coat. Rare hard on the joints putting it on that thin!

It was a flexible finish for boardwork which had been taped but the Brit plasterer at the time could not adapt to the dry lining market so this was a compromise. Board and tape the recessed joints then skim.

Lasted for about 2-3 years but spreads preferred Thistle board finish.

we do put the first coat on thin and flat, no need to flatern with plastic, then a thicker second coat.
we think that the thin first coat starts to set quicker then it helps to pull the second coat in.

we do joke with one of my sons that his 7 bag hits are about the same size as our 3 bag hits.
rigsby, i had forgotten about that veneer plaster!

We had a wall core drilled the other week. Came in at 1.9mm.

We had to re do the wall :(

we do put the first coat on thin and flat, no need to flatern with plastic, then a thicker second coat.
we think that the thin first coat starts to set quicker then it helps to pull the second coat in.

we do joke with one of my sons that his 7 bag hits are about the same size as our 3 bag hits.
rigsby, i had forgotten about that veneer plaster!

7 bag hits........................Holy fu@kin **** balls.........................:-0

Why, was the finish poor?

Nope the site agent thought 2mm was to thin. Once we explained its to spec he then decided to check our walls, all passed except 3.

0.1mm out on a product finished by hand

site agent = dick

I'd have asked for another section to be core-drilled first. It might have been 2.1mm, then the cock-head would have been running back to his hidey-hole for a lie down:RpS_thumbup:

Nope the site agent thought 2mm was to thin. Once we explained its to spec he then decided to check our walls, all passed except 3.

site agent = dick

Wow that's harsh. Never heard of core drilling to check for finish thickness before.

You should have fired the Ritmo up full speed and forced his head in!

My mate Marcin Zielinski puts the first coat on at 3mm thick then when dry,
He sands it down to the 2mil spec.
No trowelling up needed with this process. :RpS_thumbup:

site agent = dick

how can anyone measure that. y
ou will have to tell the site agent that you will need extra money if there are any areas where the thickness goes over 2mm

I'd have asked for another section to be core-drilled first. It might have been 2.1mm, then the cock-head would have been running back to his hidey-hole for a lie down:RpS_thumbup:
We did and the section was 3mm tried to explain that's just due to the boards not in line but he said at no point should it be under 2mm

We did and the section was 3mm tried to explain that's just due to the boards not in line but he said at no point should it be under 2mm

What a truly exceptional K.unt he is then, the type of K.unt who would have gotten a fkin good hiding 15 years ago...........Did you ask him what would happen :RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.