2008 pft g4 What do you think?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
He guys. I'm looking at buying this machine? I know you can't tell everything just from pictures. But do you think it looks ok?
Also do g4 have an on board water pump? Has this one got one? The guy is looking at 3500 for the lot. It was bought in 2008 from pft northern according to the guy selling it he also said it has been serviced at home by a certified pft engineer. the machine is in Scotland so it a long way to go if it's a bad one,
what are your thoughts guys?

Please copy and paste this link into your browser

https://www.facebook.com/richard.ro...10151980668416829.1073741826.635191828&type=1
@PFTnorthern @pftcentral @PFTwales

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply mate. @keithuk so you have a g4? Do they come with a water pump on board or is it a separate thing? I only ask because I used to have a putz s44 and the water pump was separate

thanks mate

i have a g4 light about 7/8 years old ,got it from @PFTnorthern and yes it has a water pump ,great machine ,would not be without it mate

seems too good to be true. Les lord would not have sold that machine with the power cable he has there

Ah ok mate. I'm not sure if this is a light.... If anyone knows please post :)
@keithuk yeah that's what iv heard about the g4 very reliable and really nice to use the old putz s44 was a bit temperamental.
Thanks dude :)

This may seem obvious but just in case your focusing on the machine and capabilities rather than the money you are spending this is my advise.

Speak to bloke and determine where he is from. emails are not acceptable.

ask him what he has used it for and you should be able to tell during the chat if he is a plasterer

ask him why is it so clean

ask him for serial number to check its not stolen because you never know

ask him why he dont put it on ebay where he will get more if advertised right.

ask him did he buy it from Lord and downing or PFT scotland.

ring les lord pft northern and ask him if he knows the machine his stickers are plasterered over

ask les does he know the bloke and did he train him to become a approved user of g4

Ask the bloke and les if its ok you meet there to do the deal or at uk head quarters or mine in wales or even scotland.

If you are buying a machine i recommend you go for training with your equipment £240.00 plus vat per session which will then give you access to our telephone support and help you with nuisance breakdowns.

That is a g4 standard with no water pump. you can have a built in water pump kit that bolts to the machine or buy a stand alone water pump. Myself i prefer a stand alone water pump as you can set your water butt up anywhere you want up to 25 mts away so you only got a water hose and power cable to the machine. this makes it easier to move around and gives more room around the machine.
the built in water pump you will need the butt within 3mts of the machine. It is cheaper than the stand alone by about a hundred quid.

G4 standard has a 35 mm outlet on the bottom with a 25mm reducer because it has the ability to pump screed up to 85 lts. The g4 light has a 25mm outlet and cant do the big outputs but if youre plastering you never need more than a g4 light

Thanks @PFTwales this advise has been taken on board. I will get on to les at pft northern ASAP, and will definitely be doing some training with the g4 if I buy it....
Thanks agin for your advice it's exactly what I was hoping for.

Kind regards
rich

I always say it :RpS_blushing: ,but the back up is the important bit,from all the pft guys ,you will get that, as i sure you can see , best of luck with it mate

As Keith say's get the training. It is worth the money and the back up support.

If it in Scotland then why PFT Northern? Long way to go instead of PFT Scotland but if this is one of Les Lords machines he have a record of it. Looks to good for me though, I smell a rat.

if the serial numbers are ok then meet in person, no money gram deposits. I had a dodgy deal offered in Scotland 4 years ago. Middle of nowhere and the guy worked on the rigs. Simply pay by money gram and it will be dispatched next day. Yeh right!

@Rigsby I smell rat too...... Iv checked with les at lord and downing.... He doesn't recognize the machine. Iv also asked the guy for the serial numbers...... Also asked him if he will be willing to do the deal @PFTscotland office/shop....... His reply........WTF are you on about?

You could talk to the PFT lads on here about part exchanges. They must have a few people like me who are down sizing from 3 phrase to Ritmo. If they know of a buyer they could put the right person and machine your way albeit a private sale.

Hi mate, if its the one in Perth and the seller has 0 feedback then leave well alone. I bought that very machine from Mcplaster a few years ago and the picture is outside his lock up in Oxford and now is with me in Lancashire.
It was on the bay a few weeks back and I had it removed but its now back on :RpS_angry:

Les knows the machine as he sorted the wiring for Mcplaster and trained us up with it. Its no way 2008 as its been blasted and painted, hence why it looks so good on the pics. Probably 10 yrs older.

@Rigsby that sounds like a good idea you say you are down sizing?
@andym yep it's the one in Perth f**king scamming c**t I'm staying well clear of it.....! Thanks for clearing that up :)

Only thing i have in at the moment is a G4 but it is 20 years old, there was a nice G5 listed on ebay last week

for sale is my pft g5 mortar pump.bought new from lord and downing(pft northern) in 2008/9 for £13,000.
top of the shop pump and low milage.222hrs use.
generator by gensystems plus(the best).
30m of mortar hose and airlines
60m of water hose
2 short guns and 1 meter long lance gun
2 new rotor and stators
new mixing paddle
serviced in sep/oct 2013 by pft northern £600 and has done 200m2 and not used since
lots of bits and bobs also,this machine is ready to go in to action for the summer .call lee on 07412106179

I know it didnt sell

G4s,G5 and Monojet all good for Mono mate as have 3 phase power.
Thats the 3rd time that machine has been on the bay now since I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.