2 coats from 1 bucket

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29624

Anything upto about a bag and a half (for both coats) I do out of 1 bucket anything bigger and its starting to get a bit too stiff. Just wanted to know if I wanted to do more is it a problem to add a dash of water and wizz it up again for a few seconds with the mixer or will that compromise the mix?

Get another bucket or tub on the go, it only takes 2 min to knock up a load. I never added water and spin it up, it just sends the gear off quicker.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mag
Get another bucket or tub on the go, it only takes 2 min to knock up a load. I never added water and spin it up, it just sends the gear off quicker.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thats kind of the point though, dont want do fresh mixes in winter meaning sets take 3 hours +

Anything upto about a bag and a half (for both coats) I do out of 1 bucket anything bigger and its starting to get a bit too stiff. Just wanted to know if I wanted to do more is it a problem to add a dash of water and wizz it up again for a few seconds with the mixer or will that compromise the mix?

Done it loads without any issue, it will go off quicker in the bucket though.

Done it loads without any issue, it will go off quicker in the bucket though.
Yeah presumed it would go off faster (which is the point) glad to hear it doesnt cause problems with the end product which is more what I meant

Reactions: gps
Where's Marshy's posts gone?
Just add some hydrated lime to it then mix

Okay. It's easjet to mix a small fresh batch. Takes no time. You re temper it and it will go off like f**k. Might be okay on smallish area. but you always want to be in control

That's why I use a board and stand.
so you leave some in bucket waiting to be knocked up? Horses for courses ain't it. Time dependent, room size, mix quality . I do always try and steer clear of knocking it up tho as evening it's stiffening from first mix towelling it flat will give enough time and that's even in gauge twice the size as op .

Did it today
Never had an issue other than some times you will need to bang out your bucket lol

Iv done that loads of times. I used to flatten first coat and let it pick up wash out bucket then start again. I try and get the second coat on quick as I can now so I don't have to go round taking every high spot out of the first coat that may show thru the second coat. Iv re mixed the first lot up. Especially on small sets or on a Saturday when I just wanna go home sit on my arse and drink