2.4m scaff board!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
For bigger ceilings always used to use the small trestles can get away with 3 and 2 planks. Bit of adjustment on them and don't take up masses of room.

youngman_minimax_386.jpg

changing that grille definitely needs that scaffold. and those gloves

you can get adjustable hop ups zombie. ive a great 3m long one but its from oz. got it together with some plank ends from some dryliner that had moved back here and bought everything back in a container. never seen them in this country. if someone manufactured them in this country theyd clean up. its all i use on most rooms. just move it across three or four times. use my small hop ups to step upon to it if its a high ceiling. bigger rooms ill use trestles

only ones ive seen in this country are the one on ebay

mVWmMLbeNso9uHXtPTm8ycw.jpg

and this one, but its only adjustable to two heights. whoever designed it needs shooting. another three or four levels and it would be spot on

Sealey

Zombie I did ounces sort of plank a room a crate in four corners,plank around the edge (double plank)then a plank across the Middle,you will prob be able to do the whole room like this, the only thing with the one thin plank is you spend a lot of time using your core and back muscles trying to keep balance as the planks have a little flex in them even, when doubled up for me.
have you tried using a larger crate like the ones for concrete structures and retaining walls?that way your feet won't be so fixed in one point,crates I find are the easiest to move,providing the floor is clear you just have to nudge them with your foot,no bending down etc.
ps don't worry about how many times you post about this bud,we all realise it's your livelihood and I for certain and I'm sure everyone else will help as much as possible.:RpS_thumbup:

I weigh nearly 17 stone.

your 17 stone and zombie 16 stone, you have both got to lose weight how can you expect your backs to carry that weight around while you are trying to do a active job?
we had a chap about 18 stone thought that he was going to help us rendering it was like having a sponge telephone box stuck in the middle of the scaffolding! he could not reach down could not reach up, no use what so ever.

your 17 stone and zombie 16 stone, you have both got to lose weight how can you expect your backs to carry that weight around while you are trying to do a active job?
we had a chap about 18 stone thought that he was going to help us rendering it was like having a sponge telephone box stuck in the middle of the scaffolding! he could not reach down could not reach up, no use what so ever.

Lennox Lewis weighed 17stone:RpS_biggrin:

Lol Just because I'm 17 stone doesn't mean to say I'm carrying excess weight,I'm 6 ft 4" and just naturally big built have very little fat also.:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks for all the suggestions lads....:RpS_thumbup:

Some great ideas and food for thought...will defo be trying some of your suggestions over the coming weeks and will keep informed if any help incase this thread is of any use to anyone else whos currently struggling or struggles in the future with there back etc....

and you might be right @malc but tbh I didn't think 16stone @6ft was that bad most of my mates are give or take my size...

though 1 things for sure if the consultant tells me I need to loose weight I would starve myself for a yr to get rid of this pain though if im honest I don't think its as simple as that...

but yes I do like cakes!!!!:RpS_blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:
each generation is growing bigger then the last generation.
one of our pals 6ft 6 about 18st. phoned his brother over the weekend could not get out of bed, back trouble, carted off in an ambulance, had a disc removed, pain has gone straight away been told that it may take 2 years to get over op.

Lol Just because I'm 17 stone doesn't mean to say I'm carrying excess weight,I'm 6 ft 4" and just naturally big built have very little fat also.:RpS_thumbup:
At 6ft 4 you don''t need a scafold or hop up. :RpS_biggrin:

Right Chaps....

In my never ending peruit to try and find a way to do lids the easiest way for my extremely feckd back ive already discarded....

stilts....appreciate there good but I just hate em
hop-ups...always seem to be wrong height for me and a pain to bend down to move and get on/off
steps...easy to move around more height options but restrictive on how much area can cover

so as I see it theres only 2 more options

1) totally scaff board the room out I don't think I would have the will to live to carry assemble and dissemble all that gear through peoples houses for domestic also trying to see if I can work out of a smaller van when current 1 is ready for going...

2) Which im going to try this week a 2.4m single scaff board balanced across 2 steps...

im thinking with that I could probabley do the width of a room @ 3.6m wide all the way along and probabley only have to move 3 times to cross over each pull ie type writer method whilst having the range of heights of each different step and can put the bucket on the board to save constantly getting down....

so 2 questions anyone else work like this and any tips?....

and secondly will a batton take 16stone stood in the middle at that span??? gulp:RpS_blushing:

zombie
i have a platform 2.4 m long and 600 wide and it has 3 height settings
we mainly use it for tacking as I use stilts for skimming will try and find link you

you can get adjustable hop ups zombie. ive a great 3m long one but its from oz. got it together with some plank ends from some dryliner that had moved back here and bought everything back in a container. never seen them in this country. if someone manufactured them in this country theyd clean up. its all i use on most rooms. just move it across three or four times. use my small hop ups to step upon to it if its a high ceiling. bigger rooms ill use trestles

only ones ive seen in this country are the one on ebay

mVWmMLbeNso9uHXtPTm8ycw.jpg

and this one, but its only adjustable to two heights. whoever designed it needs shooting. another three or four levels and it would be spot on

Sealey

They may ship them? I have no idea $448 thief's dollars are in real money though? :RpS_unsure:
http://www.bunnings.com.au/gorilla-450mm-150kg-heavy-duty-wide-work-adjustable-platform-_p0860412

Status
Not open for further replies.