1st coat dried like lightning on me..

Members online

you must be one of our southern freinds ljw, where are you based, seen a sparky hold a sweeping brush once , once being the operative word, he was using it as a saw and a hammer, seen 2 sparkies standing there gobsmacked as the labourer showed them how to work it, amazed they were, seen a sparkie sobbing in the corner , he was holding a brush but it was upside down he was so frustrated he could not work out where the brush end went,
I'm southern indeed. South Wales Hector.

I'll say here and now.. we definitely have the brains on site ( I promise lol )

Physically. Your trade is harder.

Other than heavy industrial work where we may be pulling in huge armoured cables or installing large containment.

But domestic work?.. plastering is worse.

I remember on one of my first ever jobs as an apprentice, before I went industrial..
watching some guy struggling like hell with sheets of fireboard. Getting them over his head, climbing up onto a hop up then one handedly slam it to the ceiling as the other hand scrambled for his screw gun.
While that isn't strictly plastering .. I know if I tried that the board would snap in two either side of me. Before I got anywhere near a screw gun
I don't envy you lot while I twiddle with a few cables and get get all the glory lol

Other than heavy industrial work where we may be pulling in huge armoured cables or installing large containment.

I remember on one of my first ever jobs as an apprentice, before I went industrial..
watching some guy struggling like hell with sheets of fireboard. Getting them over his head, climbing up onto a hop up then one handedly slam it to the ceiling as the other hand scrambled for his screw gun.
While that isn't strictly plastering .. I know if I tried that the board would snap in two either side of me. Before I got anywhere near a screw gun
I don't envy you lot while I twiddle with a few cables and get get all the glory lol
You would snap before fireboard

Thats nothing compared to this
20210311_184010.jpg

Hahaha that so me . Do you ever get used to it lol
Haha never mate I was bottom feeding last weekend plastering my brothers hall stairs landing said he would labor for me he scoops the plaster out the bucket and slaps it on my hawk while my trowel is still on the hawk I just gave them a quick wet down then put them on the hop up to take a piss came back and there was skim all over the handle and my hop up I told him to f**k off down stairs cleaned my trowel handle went to get another scoop out the bucket and there's skim all over the bucket trowel handle hate plastering for family

Haha never mate I was bottom feeding last weekend plastering my brothers hall stairs landing said he would labor for me he scoops the plaster out the bucket and slaps it on my hawk while my trowel is still on the hawk I just gave them a quick wet down then put them on the hop up to take a piss came back and there was skim all over the handle and my hop up I told him to f**k off down stairs cleaned my trowel handle went to get another scoop out the bucket and there's skim all over the bucket trowel handle hate plastering for family
Hate it when they slam it on your hand board like 10 lb hammer.