1930s house would it be lime plaster?

Members online

if it's an older property with no cavity then it has to be done in lime IMO. Regardless of what it had before.

Stella is always gold xx
Mrs won't let me drink it something to do with me having my hands round her throat and getting arrested lol only joking gives me a massive headache like peroni so I stick to the lower ones

Wait til squarehead sees this thread he will be blaming Brexit for the cracks I'm sure of it

@Rossi46 its hell at the min I got a boy with the ex who is 8 my girl with Mrs now is 2 and One on the way,she has turned into a dragon lately always moaning kids screaming only get out i get is going football although Charlton with my boy but as soon as home it's don't do that don't do this don't drink can we do this and huffs and puffs if I play deaf hence why I'm on here so much at min

I hate knocking plaster off walls and taking down ceilings! I should have done better at school and followed my dream in hairdressing. :nocausagracia:

@Rossi46 its hell at the min I got a boy with the ex who is 8 my girl with Mrs now is 2 and One on the way,she has turned into a dragon lately always moaning kids screaming only get out i get is going football although Charlton with my boy but as soon as home it's don't do that don't do this don't drink can we do this and huffs and puffs if I play deaf hence why I'm on here so much at min
Sounds familiar! They all find a way to screw our balls to the house somehow :mad:

i recently bought a 1930s house that has been completely re skimmed now 18 months on every wall has Cracks and hollow noises when tapped Except those walls that were plasterboarded. My question is would the house have lime render / plaster that has been skimmed with modern gypsum plaster hence why it has cracked or could it just be the original render has perrished over the years and need replacing? (Just find it strange that it's all walls and is getting worse month by month - new plaster has been applied correctly as its I have taken off are firmly stuck to original
Hi David, what you think then ? Gonna smash it all off or leave it on ?

Mines is 1920s and I skimmed the lot with render mesh embeded. There is a good few hairlines appeared in the hallway and if I go tippy tapping all over the place I will find the odd hollow spots behind the skim. I'll be filling the hairlines and repainting and wont be knuckle tapping my 100 year old walls after it. Job done.

Mines is 1920s and I skimmed the lot with render mesh embeded. There is a good few hairlines appeared in the hallway and if I go tippy tapping all over the place I will find the odd hollow spots behind the skim. I'll be filling the hairlines and repainting and wont be knuckle tapping my 100 year old walls after it. Job done.
With mesh is only option if you don't wanna hack off fully can't understand the part of hack off render then stud wall it myself

Walls knocked down chimney pulled out doors windows put in steel put in blocked
Damped
Boarded
Dabbed
In between skimming 4 big houses on site in a month.
Im fuucking knackered.

Attachments

• 20170130_100325.jpg
    20170130_100325.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 325
  • 20170130_100316.jpg
    20170130_100316.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 320
  • 20170130_100310.jpg
    20170130_100310.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 326