1920s traditional house.

Pjb999

I am replastering my 1920s house, where i am back to brickwork. It has been suggested to me, to have the walls sand and cement rendered with a water proofer, and then the walls dotted and dabbed with wall board. Any thoughts on this method. Suggestions on how to do the job. I am reluctant to start chasing the brickwork for electric back boxes as the bricks may simpmy crumble.

I am replastering my 1920s house, where i am back to brickwork. It has been suggested to me, to have the walls sand and cement rendered with a water proofer, and then the walls dotted and dabbed with wall board. Any thoughts on this method. Suggestions on how to do the job. I am reluctant to start chasing the brickwork for electric back boxes as the bricks may simpmy crumble.
External walls I generally insulate with solid insulation after building a stud wall in front , leaves space for electrical and plumbing etc . No need for render unless there’s damp , tge internal walls you could just render and skim

I.m f**k**g rammed. Acted like a shite rape victim this week . Just been unable to say no . Come his a hand. I.ll give you some nice green lol
We both gone from part-time to full on , not stopped since covid hit , been on site for about 8 weeks and doing outstanding privates at weekends ,

We both gone from part-time to full on , not stopped since covid hit , been on site for about 8 weeks and doing outstanding privates at weekends ,
I know . Its fuckkng mental.few weeks back it went quite. Everyone I ask is snowed under

What thickness you put on internal?

building control will generally say 47mm (50mm) but anything is a bonus. If floors and ceilings/roofs are upgraded then it’s taken into account. If you have a tiny room where space is at a premium then they may allow/spec less. If no building control then anything is a bonus. I grew up in a house where there was ice on the inside of the windows in winter, like a lot of people. Double glazing definitely changed the feel of the place. Probably the wrong word as I don’t support the current progressives bullshit that invades us at the mo.