135 mm coving

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranny77

I've never used the 135mm before. Because of the shape I don't think it will cut in the gyproc mitre box. Does anyone know if it cuts nice with the magic mitre (the metal triangle)??
cheers

$(KGrHqJHJBYFHydeggWtBSEKDMz0Qw~~60_35.JPG
ive one of these for 127 and 90 can also use the 90 for 100 but got one of the metal triangles for anything bigger than 127never used a mitre box too much faffin about sorting out the projection then spacing it out, but i spose if you do the sort of stuff like ryan where yo regulary do bigger than 127 then the mitre box would be invaluable

Hate those triangle things. Bought one, tried it and threw it in the skip. Mitre box all the way. Any off angles, bisect the angle and cut freehand outside the box.

Hate those triangle things. Bought one, tried it and threw it in the skip. Mitre box all the way. Any off angles, bisect the angle and cut freehand outside the box.

tony do you still have the pic of the internal angle curved cove you did?? i remember you sticking a picture up of it saying it was annoying ya but its done now? was just wondering how you did it again, if you did loads of little peices of cove then run it all over to get it perfect of just ran it in situ??

what mitre box have you got tony or have you made your own?

I have an Artex mitre box for standard 127mm & 100mm cove and I made my own timber one for Sculptured coving (135mm).
When I do cornice work, I make one up to size.

I have an Artex mitre box for standard 127mm & 100mm cove and I made my own timber one for Sculptured coving (135mm).
When I do cornice work, I make one up to size.

Do you only use bg cove? I tend to use lafarge as thats whats stocked. slightly different sizes. not sure if itd still work

generally the mitre will be out anyway, I usually scribe the wall/ceiling and mark the cut that way...

tony do you still have the pic of the internal angle curved cove you did?? i remember you sticking a picture up of it saying it was annoying ya but its done now? was just wondering how you did it again, if you did loads of little peices of cove then run it all over to get it perfect of just ran it in situ??
It was done in situ

Do you only use bg cove? I tend to use lafarge as thats whats stocked. slightly different sizes. not sure if itd still work
I use BG normally. There's only a few mm in it so the mitres are still accurate enough.

reckon ill get one. i used to scribe them but for some reason ive switched to mitring lately.

It was done in situ

no it wassnt that one mate although that does look the nuts i think it was on a more comercial site and it might have even been an external curve?? im not too sure but i definatly remember you posting a pic of it and saying that you had spent most of the day on it but it looked sweet by the end

no it wassnt that one mate although that does look the nuts i think it was on a more comercial site and it might have even been an external curve?? im not too sure but i definatly remember you posting a pic of it and saying that you had spent most of the day on it but it looked sweet by the end
This little baby Jesus one?

haha no i dont think it was that one but again thats the dogs danglers haha run in situ again i guess?? i only ask cos ive got a little one to do soon on an external angle and was trying to remember the process you did it with:RpS_thumbup:

Cheers everyone. Big thanks to stuart123. For the record they both work a treat. The mitre box is more accurate in my honest opinion.
135mm is the nicest stuff in the shop

Status
Not open for further replies.