1200x600 handyboard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted on a loft convertions that i have finnished now a few weeks ago......the phone call went like this.
hi got ur number from internet ive boarded out my loft and just need it skiimming,ive had a go myself but the finnish isnt great could u come and quote me.
Anyhow i turn s up the guy has boarded it with 6-3s on ceilings and 4-2s on walls,he reckons 6-3s are too heavy to lift up 2 flights of stairs on own.
Any how...the guy had the sense to screw the ceiling to the rafters lol with normal woodworking 38 mm screws which are no good as they rust.he told me hed no nailed one wall on but was so expensive he studded the rest with lathe.
As i banged the lathe stud wall with the back of my fist "as you do for some reason ???? " the wall nearly fell down.
I explained this was all unsafe a fire hazard and all had to be ripped down to basics and start from scratch.
he explained his wife was working away and back in 2 weeks and had promissed her he would do it when she returned with is own hands.
i quoted him £1900 to reboard replaster and remove the rubbish and never tell his missus ,he snapped my hand off and offered me £500 deposit if i started next day.
Easy peasy lemon squuezy.. ... apart from lifting 45 6-3s up 2 flights of stairs on ur own.
The point is i could do with more muppets like this boarding out with 4-2 s

Sorry ..what i mean is instead of him no-nailing the board to brick on 2 walls he decided to lathe and screw the brick to a 4" inch wall where he couldnt get a good fixing and it was all collapsing.
Worst diy i think ive ever seen, he even put a lot of the boards up the wrong way up,all board screwing was done with woodscrews,some of the bigger joints /gaps 1" + had foam uzing out of them. ?????

sorry mate bear with me did you say he used no nails like grypfill? on a couple of walls and then he tried screwing a brick to a 4" wall ???

pftmonojetman said:
4x2, sound like a waste of time anyway,
Not if you are doing a barn conversion where listed building control has specified all existing timber purlins to be kept and board out in between,set out counter battens for 1200x600 lathes,far less waste because they work out best.

ironmonkey said:
pftmonojetman said:
Not if you are doing a barn conversion where listed building control has specified all existing timber purlins to be kept and board out in between,set out counter battens for 1200x600 lathes,far less waste because they work out be
damn i was just about to say that .......next time aye tscth

ironmonkey said:
pftmonojetman said:
Not if you are doing a barn conversion where listed building control has specified all existing timber purlins to be kept and board out in between,set out counter battens for 1200x600 lathes,far less waste because they work out best.

Clearly if there stopping making them eh

Status
Not open for further replies.