12.5ml boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Hi all

was told when dot and dabbing to use 12.5ml board for boarding ceiling and the thinner boards for the walls. Doin a bathroom which will be retiled afterwards. Ahould i use the ticker boards on the wall or is the thinner board ok. Cost is not an issue.

Thaks

I only ever use 12.5 boards. It makes the wall stronger and prevents sagging when used on ceilings. The only time i'll use a thinner board is when a thicker board wont fit to match up to existing wall etc.

or at least the green moisture resistant board in the wet areas to be tiled which is a b/regs requirement for new build........the aquaboards are better but a luxury.

12.5 for dabing and ceilingd unless space is an issue or profiles
price of board should not be an issue its the right tools and gear for the job always

steve_cov_spread said:
kirk, every builder we work for prefers us to use boards. i reckon i've probably done about 20m2 wet plastering since i started. i can do it. just not the fastest cus we very rarely do it.
karma point now me thinks ste!

i do allot of private work mate and i know that boards are faster and cheaper but you got to admit that a solid wall is better than abit of plasterboard. when i do a job i just think to myself 'what would i do if it wer my home'.

can i have a karma point please?

steve_cov_spread said:
Bruce Willis said:
steve_cov_spread said:
kirk, every builder we work for prefers us to use boards. i reckon i've probably done about 20m2 wet plastering since i started. i can do it. just not the fastest cus we very rarely do it.
karma point now me thinks ste!

what was that one for?!!
Just agreed with the post. Plus I think their crap anyhow. Some one has -1'd me and I didnt even say anything.

I tell you what, when you've re-floated an old chimney breast and skimmed it to perfection, just as that light catches it..... it's the 'that's s**t hot feeling, then you slap yourself and get your dosh!! ;D

always use 12s myself only put 10s up on ceilings if i have to match in with exsisting an the exiwsting is 10s

soz kirk but i always call em 10s 12s 15s etc
! thing about dab is that with every lining or cavity you gain thermal properties and the building ind loves it. cant ever see float and set coming back. its not green enough by a long straw. get my fill on the externals

windy said:
Hi all

was told when dot and dabbing to use 12.5ml board for boarding ceiling and the thinner boards for the walls. Doin a bathroom which will be retiled afterwards. Ahould i use the ticker boards on the wall or is the thinner board ok. Cost is not an issue.

Thaks always ues thicker boards

that first vid isnt worth a wa nk, teaches you absolutely f**k all about dabbing. just another t**t trying to show off for youtube

steve cov said:
that first vid isnt worth a wa nk, teaches you absolutely (french word) all about dabbing. just another (french word) trying to show off for youtube

no ones telling u what ugot too watch when you want a wa n k,
personlly i cant wait to get up early in the morning and watch someone d+d while i .............. ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.