10 day plastering course? Any good? Please help me

Steveo20

Have been a labourer for the past 6 years and we do alot of plastering but also all aspects...boss doesn't trust me too do a full wall... I want to progress my trade in plastering and want to grow the ability to put a good wall and ceiling on by myself and begin my own work... Would a 10 day professional plastering course benefit me? The course seems pretty intense. Any help will be appreciated.... Kind regards.

10 days with your boss should do you better mate, it's either your not paying attention or he's a w**k*r that's spiteful to teach a trade. 6 years is a mighty long time to not feel confident in one department of plastering, best thing I can ever say is learn to appreciate this dull job buy the tools as you need them

Save your money and labourer for a free with a proper plasterer.

If you’re paying attention you’ll learn more in 1 day with a spread than you will on a weeks plasterboard course.

My first employer sent me on one ,tutor didn’t turn up for 7 of them pissed up, the other 3 did health and safety,and how to mix pink and keep it on your hawk, i then spent 6 years with a spread, showed me everything, then 5 years on council practicing lol, you can’t beat experience

Have been a labourer for the past 6 years and we do alot of plastering but also all aspects...boss doesn't trust me too do a full wall... I want to progress my trade in plastering and want to grow the ability to put a good wall and ceiling on by myself and begin my own work... Would a 10 day professional plastering course benefit me? The course seems pretty intense. Any help will be appreciated.... Kind regards.

Wow!!!

6 years with your boss and he has not taught you how to stick a walll on???

I would be off like a flash if that was me...

After 6 years you should have an idea what to use when and have an idea on what the finish should look like.

I would try and find another local plasterer and work with them for a bit :D