10 day courses

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollybank

Private Member
Just been to finish off a job today around new windows,the tiler is there not the usual one that the customer uses.Anyway he gets talking to me it seems he has been made redundant from his job and gone on a tiling course at one of these quick learn places!
How much was that i asked 700 quid he said goverment funded im going on a plastering course soon he said.Have these training places got any other skills they can learn instead of flooding the market with these people in the building industry.No wonder the prices are getting lower.

Good but very slow taken three days to do the bathroom 3m sq,the last tiler would of done it in a day.

Yes took his time, cleaned all his tools to perfection, job looked a good un.
a thourghley nice bloke :)

irish_spread said:
skimmin2day said:
id of done 3m2 in 2.5 hrs

multi or board ?

boardy. i struggle with multifinish as we were never taught this when i learned, some of my friends say
its very similar though but your not allowed to use it on snd and cement because it causes blisters

They're talking sh1te mate and 3 sq metres is nothing ???

irish_spread said:
irish_spread said:
skimmin2day said:

multi or board ?

boardy. i struggle with multifinish as we were never taught this when i learned, some of my friends say
its very similar though but your not allowed to use it on snd and cement because it causes blisters

Everyone talks shlte these days!!!

I think he meant 30 meters

nelly said:
irish_spread said:
irish_spread said:
skimmin2day said:

multi or board ?

Everyone talks shlte these days!!!

I think he meant 30 meters

lets hope so ???

He wont become a plasterer in ten days, courses like that will only create monsters. Frankinstein comes to mind. ::)Thats fine for a DIYer, but to make a living out of it in ten days doesnt say alot for plastering as a trade and undermines every plasterer who roughed it on sites in the winter months working for buttons in terrible conditions to one day proudly hold that title,come on lads what was it all about ,this is what made us different from every other trade ,we did our job no matter what .Because we loved it,and anyone who doesnt ,should throw their tools away because if you cant do your job with pride ,you have no buisness at this game and are as bad as the yellow packs on the ten day course.

Here here!! The courses tend to only provide a basic understanding - but like everything else it takes a lot of practice and experience to even consider doing anything other than DIY work!! I actually did a course a few years ago and it has taken a good 2-4 years of working to get it right, but the danger is the new boys after the course will go and do a job for a hell of a lot less money - which the customer accepts, even though they'll be there for ever with a bag of easifill to fix the problems!!

yup well said!

I am a courser however I have experience and took my business a different direction and I have a good reputation...

Danny

Unfortunately its one of the very few ways to get on teh tools these days I tried for an apprenticeship and had no joy

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.