1 coat skimm WHY

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh slightly aggressive still jealous nearly crying ..........yeah I probably will same reasons you're on here my slightly angry little bit backward friend :)

Lol I'm in the 1 coat crew now dont know what it will be like going back to 2 coating seems like double the work, but one thing we are doing different is mixing slightly stiffer on the one coat.
I joined the one coat crew today. Done as you are saying aswell. Mixed slightly stiffer and coated slightly heavier. Would say its kinda dodgy on re skims as auctions not all the same but on board work it come out just as nice as 2coat work. 2 sets shaves 2/3 hours off my time ;)

Yeah I would agree I havent tried it on reskims yet but on site work its mint. A few blokes I work with reckons its also great on float and set as well which I am a bit skeptical about but there again I was against any form of 1 coat until recently.

I forgot to second coat a bit over hardwall last week it came out fine I might give it a curly whirly on a little wall

Don't knock it till you try it. I suppose it's a new way of plastering so would take a while to get perfect. My first set I put on was a reskimming in a hallway, mixed 2 and a half bag and got caught out with the suction. Mixed the same a couple hours later on board. Same finish as 2 coat just quicker

I've had to walk out of a site canteen once because the lad that was laughing and arguing the toss was absolutely s**t and his work always gets pulled, to some it's the fear of the unknown others just jump on the bandwagon and haven't got a clue what there talking about and some lads probably have seen some s**t one coating but in all fairness that's plastering as a whole

Also from what ive heard if you're not sponging you get a much better finish one coating with board than multi ......learnt the bit about multi from Josh bod lol

I wasn't sponge floating as I haven't got a sponge float. Think I'll order one and see what all the fuss is about. Need a render scraper also for next week so ill just order them both me thinks

to all TRAINED spreads,don,t reply to anybody who thinks they should skim in 1 coat, probably brickies

Ive heard about these hairy arsed so called spreads n one coat magicoat balls! One quote earlier some clients dont pay enuff for two coats!!!!?lolwhen to one job could still read gyproc thru plaster!!monkies!!these are the T***s that give plastering a bad name.thier two thick an greedy to know that 2coat work is bigger hits!!turn up with a sponge?chancers.

one coat is good if your on shitty price per metre, but is hard to get a perfect finish on it, as said, when painted it will look just as good. always best to do 2 aplications though as 90% of the time it has a better end finish.

refina spatulas are great for one coating, will be buying one very soon

Rubbish 90 percent of the time it's the bloke putting it on the wall who makes a difference

Rubbish 90 percent of the time it's the bloke putting it on the wall who makes a difference

Doesn't matter how loud you shout, you wont change the minds of the 95% of time served plasterers who disagree with you. I'd like to see your one coat work, i bet it's sh1t.

95 percent of the lads on here don't know there heads from there arse Daniel if you havent noticed apart from myself the ones that do know what the doing haven't commented, makes me laugh you fools who think you're great bringing it down.....it's all you can do skimmers, I'd ******* murder you

When using BG finish, The first coat is to find any imperfections preventing the perfect finish and the second coat is to produce the perfect finish... NO truley professional plasterer would use any other method, you CAN tell the difference !

I'm a two coater hero too! But your all tellin me if the chance arose on a s**t price and you could leave a nice job that paints n looks as good and you could one coat you wouldn't do it? Bollox. Your all bloody martyrs. Don't be scared of change. The way I see it if you can master the one coat and apply it in the right situations then your not only adding a string to your plasterers bow... Your also earning good money still.

When using BG finish, The first coat is to find any imperfections preventing the perfect finish and the second coat is to produce the perfect finish... NO truley professional plasterer would use any other method, you CAN tell the difference !

Shut up you prick boards cock on 99 percent of the time, argue the toss about flattening the first coat then another coat or putting a coat on then l laying a tight second coat straight over the first or one thick coat blah blah ......you're just another bloke who knows fook all ......

If every plasterer 2 coats work would be better let's ad this as a sticky because 2 coat is better than 1 obviously thats why when we turn up on a building site 2 coat work is perfect no snagging etc it's just the lads that 1 coat lol

Shut up you prick boards cock on 99 percent of the time, argue the toss about flattening the first coat then another coat or putting a coat on then l laying a tight second coat straight over the first or one thick coat blah blah ......you're just another bloke who knows fook all ......If every plasterer 2 coats work would be better let's ad this as a sticky because 2 coat is better than 1 obviously thats why when we turn up on a building site 2 coat work is perfect no snagging etc it's just the lads that 1 coat lol
got the right name.comes from a loadda ol bollecks!!

Shut up you prick boards cock on 99 percent of the time, argue the toss about flattening the first coat then another coat or putting a coat on then l laying a tight second coat straight over the first or one thick coat blah blah ......you're just another bloke who knows fook all ......

If every plasterer 2 coats work would be better let's ad this as a sticky because 2 coat is better than 1 obviously thats why when we turn up on a building site 2 coat work is perfect no snagging etc it's just the lads that 1 coat lol

is the 'prick' remark and the 'your just another bloke that knows fook all' meant for me spunky?

Status
Not open for further replies.