1 coat skim to board tips needed anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried one coat myself the other week after all these years its no quicker you just use less stuff and the finished product looked s**t.Dont do it.

i dont think its faster if you 2 coat correctly ie scratch on with 1 batch and top coat with a new batch reason being suction if your first coat is dry enuff or at the right time for second coating by the time you have done this the heat from the setting of the first coat will set the 2nd coat nice and quick and its easier and thats how its been tried and tested for quite a few years now.

im all for trying anything but dont fall into the trap of finishing with same batch its not right and can cause issues such as striping.and before you all start i know on small areas etc it can be done

At £3/m might as well 2 coat it i reckon.
I would like to know where it says the it can be put on in one coat, Bg don't say that and to my knowledge the standard doesn't either.

Ile think you will find that it is designed for one coat application, phone them up but thats what they used to say unless they have changed the goalposts maybe thats why one coating multi on thick and sponging is working for a lot of lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.