1 ceilling. 6 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
Yep...A 20 metre ceiling i was doing today turned into an epic. Arrived at the job to find 2 large sofas. Usual speil from the punter, can't move it etc :rolleyes) but i'll help you to move it around? Me, na, i'll just do the ceiling in 2 halfs. It had the fan design artex so i set aboot sealing it. I had board finish in the van so that's what was going on. HOWEVER!!! Somebody at British gypsum had the fcuking cheek to alter the setting time withoot consulting me first FFS. My first set took well over 3 hours. I was literally pushing the stuff around, like a kid wi a bit of play-doh. So on my second half, i had to mix with dirty water so it would allow me to get finished before midnight!!!! AH.....gotta love the plastering game!

I even phoned BG technical helpdesk after a bit of lunch, a read at the paper and a nap on the couch. The nice lady there wasn't aware of any problems with setting times and she would get the local rep/pleb to call me. I'm still waiting. blah blah bladdeee blah. Thank you and good evening. I'm away tae jump aff of something high :RpS_w00t:

Coont of a day Casper, we've all had them, please dont jump! Bottle of red may be better option mate? And a night on tpf,:RpS_thumbup:

Yep...A 20 metre ceiling i was doing today turned into an epic. Arrived at the job to find 2 large sofas. Usual speil from the punter, can't move it etc :rolleyes) but i'll help you to move it around? Me, na, i'll just do the ceiling in 2 halfs. It had the fan design artex so i set aboot sealing it. I had board finish in the van so that's what was going on. HOWEVER!!! Somebody at British gypsum had the fcuking cheek to alter the setting time withoot consulting me first FFS. My first set took well over 3 hours. I was literally pushing the stuff around, like a kid wi a bit of play-doh. So on my second half, i had to mix with dirty water so it would allow me to get finished before midnight!!!! AH.....gotta love the plastering game!

I even phoned BG technical helpdesk after a bit of lunch, a read at the paper and a nap on the couch. The nice lady there wasn't aware of any problems with setting times and she would get the local rep/pleb to call me. I'm still waiting. blah blah bladdeee blah. Thank you and good evening. I'm away tae jump aff of something high :RpS_w00t:

Did you not bust some moves on the stills to pass the time casper............:RpS_thumbup:. we got rained off today...loose women was s**t and dont get me started on jeremy kyle

You should have moved a sofa to either end of the room and put planks off them marra :RpS_laugh:

Now that would have been canny to watch when he's on his stillts.........:RpS_laugh:

I hate skimming them fan ceilings if you dont get it right the patterns shows through. any way 6 hours is ok so along as your making money that's all what matters.

Tell the truth Casper you put a dash of irn bru in it again didn't ya??!!
You can't blame BG all the time marra :RpS_laugh:

I had 5 bags of board finish the other day off the same pallet & 1 of them stunk as soon as I opened the bag & the same smell when it was mixed :RpS_unsure:
Didn't notice any difference though.

It smelt like creosote but not as strong :RpS_sneaky:

FFS it would have set quicker mixing with bru :rolleyes) AND i have bought multi for the rest of the week! Could be a loooong week :RpS_crying:

You have never look back since you made that short ytube clip of you skimming that bathroom ceiling, it just goes to show:RpS_lol:

Come on Casper we all know it was you the drill gave it away :RpS_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe the hillside strangler didnt scim the ceiling............:RpS_confused:

PMSL....so it was you................:RpS_laugh:.............holyshit balls casper is the hillside strangler.............. 1 ceilling. 6 hours

PMSL.............:RpS_laugh:................the boy d*m**o................awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.