1+1 or 2+0 gang - which works best

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

just wondering which works best for people at the min.

me and my mate are both plasterers and split the money 50/50 which is ok but we use all my tools, van ect

would i be better getting a lab, and trying to make some extra dough of him?

Looks like you were too generous to start with mac - now things are a bit tougher, you want to re-negotiate :-0
I suppose it comes down to how close a 'mate' he is, wether he is faster/better or brings something more to the table, maybe he's better at getting the work in than you are. No offense meant, but these are the kind of things you will need to consider:)

to be honest we are both around the same speed/standard wise.

i usually get the site work/i do the invoices and over the last 2 yrs have got us very cosy with a large company.

the last site work he sorted out we got stung for £2000, because he didn't think we would get stung so i went back to dealing with the money/area side of things because of his weak backbone.

dont get me wrong he's a decent bloke but im wanting to go out to holland and he cannot come out, so he's going to be left with this company cushty.

he also gets his fair share of private jobs but he's been trading 25 + yrs.

just getting on my tits abit because i'v offered him the chance to set up together take a few on and build a decent sized business and he doesn't have the drive.

Tell him how it is and explain it in such a way as his only get out is to offer to work for you self employed on a day to day basis. Phrase it so he thinks its his idea

Me and my mate usually work alone but help each other out on bigger jobs. Money gets split after fuel etc has been sorted.

My mate is quite driven and has big plans but I can't be arsed, been there done that, I can see where he's coming from!

i cant he's kissed the gaffers ass for too long now, he'll just go on his own witht the same company, but he'll let them walk all over him where as i dont.

i'm trying to get a lab sorted someone i can take to holland as i think they are after more than 1 bloke, just seems the last 4-5 months its been my van, tools, me driving.

i think the only way to earn decent money now-a-days is to take some1 you can earn a bit off with you, just trying to get my head around paying someone.

do many still work for cash?

you can always find a lab for cash, you've gotta have the cash jobs to pay em though. not that I condone that sort thing you understand...

dont seem right if he chucked a few quid in fuel and for tools then fair do but he will be taking more prof fbecause all the overheads are yours including your time looking after paperwork

No wonder you want out, he's taking the piss as well as more money than you. Give him the ring back - tell him it's off:-0

me and my mate are 50/50 he put me on the split wit him wen i had dun 5 years withhim. he been at it 30 years now. but i pay half the van fuel insurance tax mot maintainence everything. he mostly duz all the driving and calls the shots on the job. but i do all the ringing round geting work and hours on net. booking ferries and accomadation wen travceling. labs are hard work and not motivated the same they only on wages. plus a gud lab is hard to find. The kind that has preped the next set without being told. scraped the floors and sweeped up. cleaned ur brush buckets knocked snots of wall for floating and tools packed away at end of day so wen the last trowel is dun its clean it inbox and fck off. intsted of stud watching u trowel up fingering his arse.

carefull metioning cash on here it is an open forum ie anyone can see it,or maybe im paranoid.but you can get seriously shafted if you caught, both you as an employer and the employee if your paying pound notes to someone,i speak from experience.

depend what kind of work your doing. for example if your house bashing cant you get an improver to board out prior to you skimming etc.
let him find out the hard way,sounds like your carrying him,if hes been going 25 years he must have a bit about him to last tho.
you dont owe the guy a living mate or no mate, its survival of the fitest nowadays.why cant you take a lab on the books if you have the work volume.

where in gods county you from anyhow?

tell him 2 **** off on his owen theres nothing worse than a monkey on your back get your self a lab use him when you need him :RpS_thumbup:

i left the old boy i was working with cus he wouldnt go 50/50 with me. i was willing to pay my way and get the jobs in but hes money mad so wasnt interested. everyones got to pay their way

how can he stay with this firm with no van or tools. i would pay plasterers 30 a day if they turned up without tools, heard loads of bullsit and ignored it in the end

he's got his own van and tools and from tomoz he will be driving himself to work, i just think i'd work better alone or have a lab to prep in-front of me.

i can knock out 3 gauges a day pos 4 if the works there to go at ready prepped.

he will be ok holding his own.

i know of plasterers that take semi-skilled plasterers on site and are draggin 160-180 while payin their lab/semi 60-80 just feel i could be making a bit more.

owls im from sheffield, big wednesday fan i am too and bloody proud.

we'll see how things pan out, im looking for someone to take to holland but everyones got kiddies and long term birds.

i only want to go see a bit of the world,

2&1 is harder money wise from what ive found but youll get bigger areas given too you my advice is get a gang of 5 of you and quickly split up one in each corner lol and err one in the middle ............if its youre van etc and hes not chipping in hes having it bang off mate

2&1 is harder money wise from what ive found but youll get bigger areas given too you my advice is get a gang of 5 of you and quickly split up one in each corner lol and err one in the middle ............if its youre van etc and hes not chipping in hes having it bang off mate

Yes spunky........where you been to?......Busy working?

no more like scared of getting my ******* head kicked in ...........apart from that my friend i have been working a bit with someone you know and fiddling small children :RpS_thumbup:

I work on my own , mainly cos i am a miserable money grabbing git.Find others do`nt want to work like me, and i hjate spongers. I used to work with a mate but it just did`nt work out.Like you , my van, my quotes, my leeds.Find i make more money on my own, just get help from a spread when i need it.

Think you might be wrong there Kebab, " Find others dont want to work like me "........... finish by 12........start late.........in pub washed for 1 ......think youll find we all want to work like you lol ;o)

Oh right, you doing a bit for him are you? Fair shout, has he got much on?

Bits mate might be looking myself soon, if you're looking try drybuild or a firm called AT jones they've got a biggun starting in Swindon apparently 6 weeks till first payment though

Bits mate might be looking myself soon, if you're looking try drybuild or a firm called AT jones they've got a biggun starting in Swindon apparently 6 weeks till first payment though

Yeah, i heard drybuild had a bit on, there office are only down the road from me....Use to work for him on another firm years ago the owner, not heard of AT jones though, cheers mate..........

Last edited:
Think you might be wrong there Kebab, " Find others dont want to work like me "........... finish by 12........start late.........in pub washed for 1 ......think youll find we all want to work like you lol ;o)

Where the fook did you spring from Justin, how you doing mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.