£2.50 Per square, are you mugging yourself off?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright everyone

just been and done a quote for a massive extensionand main bit of the house for a builder ive never met before.

he said he wants a price for labour only for the skimming. to be honest this is one of the biggest jobs ive ever quoted for. vaulted ceilings etc

ive got the plans and hes told me theres roughly 100m2 of skimming (ive got the plans currently checking). hes told me a the plasterer he usually uses can do it for £2.50 per square so £2500

thing is working it out if i get any of the plasterers i know on the job with me theyre 100 a day minimum that means theyve got to be putting at least 50 square meters on a day or else im on a loser.plus i dont think the old boys i know can put 30m2 on alone.

am i best just walking away from this one?

i think £2.50 crap am I right? if ive got to deal with all the s**t if anything goes wrong

plus the boarding isnt even done yet so if thats crap im gonna be in even more s**t.

any advise would be appreciated

well how many m2 a day do you want a spread to put on, if he thinks he is on day rate. I would find a faster spread and how much do want to take off the m2 price for youself.It seems a lot 1000 m2 on a extension must be big hmm.

any decent spread should be able to throw on at least 70m2 on his own on new work so if you can get spreads for £100 a day.........

well its a 100 square meters not a 1000. the blokes i get in have got 2 speeds.
slow and stop. but you cant fault the work which means you dont get called back. i just want to know if thats the going rate these days? might just stick to doin small domestic jobs less hassle

100m2 ? two blokes should do it in a day. £2.50 is prob at the bottom of price scale but you can make money on it. Also depends on where in the country you are

Do it yourself mate take your time do a good job and you have this kind of job under your belt for the future.

Take your time there might be to come of it.2.50 that's 25pound a bag you'll make a day rate plus it's more contacts.am sure you know what it's like watching Jeremy Kyle in the morning "DEGRADING why degrading? cos your not making any money watchin that garbage!!!!!

why has he asked you when he uses a guy and he charges 2.50 m2 he surly wants you 2 b cheeper . Sounds like the boys at it

Your right steve and an extension for a small builder wont get done for £2.50m2 especialy with vaulted ceilings i would just give the bloke a price and tell him take it or leave it i think he's been looking on the forums, £2.50 aint too bad if you got a few 1000m2 ahead of you.

Come on £2.50 is s**t no matter how many meters it is unless it's big areas.cupboards bathrooms and hallways at that price are always money losers.

Nah not this day and age mate on comercial sites you will be pushed to get more than that, agreed we would all love to be earning £3 plus but it aint gonna happen at the mo.

£2.50 ok we just have to work a little harder. The past is the past what matters is the present you can soon go backwards very quickly and end up skint and moaning,

thing about plastering and pricing is there are big issues to arrive at the price ie big areas,window reveals, height ,location, water supply, obstacles, whats on floor ,how good is substrate, etc etc there are the odd job £2.50 is decent but most of the time each job deserves its own price.

thing about plastering and pricing is there are big issues to arrive at the price ie big areas,window reveals, height ,location, water supply, obstacles, whats on floor ,how good is substrate, etc etc there are the odd job £2.50 is decent but most of the time each job deserves its own price.

i wish everyone thought that

**** what the other spread charges. Charge what you want, and as for the spreads who are slow, get rid of them. There's plenty of fast spreads who leave quality work

100m2 at £2.50? Thats £250, unless you and a labourer can do it in a day, which i doubt going over someone elses boarding, vaulted ceilings, reveals etc.. I would walk from that one. If the builders are doing the boarding it will almost certainly by garbage.
"the plasterer can sort that out" is a builders favouite saying.

£2.75 i was offered couple months back,told him to poke it, most ive heard going down here is £3 top wack,
at the end of the day it all depends how far u got to travell as you all know the petroll kills it

This builder is playing the game, price the job on merit. As stated in this thread consider all variables that lead you to deciding YOUR price. A small extension such as this ....you should get at least £3.50 to 5 a metre depending on geographical location. Give him your price that you are comfortable with... promise him good quality...and impress on that..sell yourself as conciensious...push it to him.Tell him what he will get for £ 2.50 a metre ( crap) . Remember quality always wins.if he does not want this then walk away.Preserve your proffesionalism.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesusfkinchrist!!!!!!!!! Tell the 'builder' to do one. The vaulted ceilings are probably worth £250 alone, never mind the rest of it. First thing you should have asked this fantasising baarrrstard was "Where's the usual spread?".............

Could be a couple of things maybe the builder a t**t at paying if so walk away. Or his plasterer dont fancy vaulted ceilings and knows he will make a feck of it or told the builder to shove it were the sun dont shine. Make sure you board the ceiling and get your
ceiling angles spot on. In truth the jobs worth 500 labour .

Status
Not open for further replies.