£2.15m2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously how can contractors justify £2.15m2?? Been doing average 40m2 a day on a new build, no big runs..... over three days earnt about £250............. fcucking joke!! :RpS_scared:

Welcome along mate.

There will always be people willing to work for these rates and less.

Seriously how can contractors justify £2.15m2?? Been doing average 40m2 a day on a new build, no big runs..... over three days earnt about £250............. fcucking joke!! :RpS_scared:
There's lads on here that would do 100m2 a day and be home for 3 with feet up!:RpS_laugh:

I used to get £7.50 a metre supply and fit back in the 2000's included beads ,scrim and finish, some high bits, if you take it on cheap and post on here for all to see how cheap you will work ,then good luck to you, some shops sell bread cheap before closing......

If I could keep the private ticking over I would mate! All I seem to get recently is little re-skims jobs. Plus staying at home with the misses is starting to do my head in........
while ever lads turn up and work for it, they will try it on , walk away ,
welcome by the way and nice intro

If the price is shite walk away cos.

There a voice
Keeps on calling me
Down the road thats where i`ll always be
£250 a day,i`ll make a new friend
Just turn around,look back and ive conned again.

Cos your daft enough to do it should tell these desporado fa...ing builders to get foooked i would never work for that
Until we say no the prices will not budge

I'm no speed merchant but 40m a day?thats pretty poor,like the price!

if it was on the doorstep (within 5 miles) id do it.

few tips for you pal, get an early start try and have gear mixed up and be spreading for 07.30

do 2 guages have a break and then slap another on, it sounds like your only doing 2 per day, up it to 3 and just do 2 on a friday.

try and put that little bit extra on.

£2.15 is not great and to make it pay you want to be putting at least 60m2 on per day each, if the area is not there to go at, then walk away. i stopped doing site work 18 months ago because it was to much travel and too much graft for a **** wage.

set yourself a minimum p/m rate and only work for that or above, but you need to be putting more than 40m2.

I know were all different , but for me if the price isn't that good I work a little harder to make my money up . No point sat a home moaning about **** prices . Just get on with it until something better turns up

The industry is treating us like donkeys. They wave a carrot in front of us and wait for someone to take a bite. All they care about is their own margins.

I used to get that price 10 years ago and walk away with £1000+ a week easily but i was younger then wouldnt do it now, no way!!

Lets have it right! That price is the same as what it was 20 years ago!! Come on are you going to work for those rates? I know you always get the lads that will do it. But this is why plastering is never going to pay a reasonable wage anymore, there are too many skimmers calling themselves spreads going in and working for this pony money. I wouldn't work for that nor would I expect a real tradesmen to work for that, why should you have to get up at 6 am get to site chuck on 3 sets (With small areas at best 50m) get loaded out for the next day, get beaded up and butts full up and maybe some tape up and be leaving site at 4 if your lucky!! all for a oner minus ya tax and derv!! No thanks stick it up ya bum!

Most spreads are dumb basically,they will always have a reason to work for peanuts. I like the man who earned a £1000 a week on £2.15 a metre ten yrs ago, probably still adding up those metres . If you want to work for mininum , go road sweeping , leave our work alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.