work drying up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great deal on at the mo , ceiling to do this afternoon when the plumber has got out the way !! rest of the week is ok for work and two to look at aswell nothing yet for next week , been a self employed spread for over twenty years and this is worst ive known it to be ,normally work with 4/5 weeks booked up in front of me .

im only ever as busy as my boss, i think were doing ok at the mo ......not sure about next year though, i cant manage with no work . were always skint we should just scrape through january
i bought a house two years ago have a modest car and very rarely take holidays prob 1 every 2 -3 years ...im good at my job which is skilled ..........so why are we always broke ???.......
also why im having a moan why has shopping bills etc risen so dramatically over the last couple of years .......we were probably doing alright and never noticed .....so the more we earn we get took for a ride anyway ........unless your earning 50 -60 grand plus quality of life in this country is poor ..........so we keep breathing and keep our heads up :D

quality of life in this country's a fook of a lot better than some other places you should count yersel lucky

this is the second week aith no work !!! priced up twp jobs went a little cheeper than normal last week no nore then 20-30 quid and still never got them dose my head in when other plasterers let the side down and charge pennys for big jobs, theyd earn more working for netto

I am sat on my arse too.

Got a funeral tomorrow then 2 days of private work!

Times are tough

Danny

Nothing on this week so far hopefully next week start a job , should be couple weeks work in it for me :)Just got undercut last week on one .
Put the name in the local rag ther too, see wat happens , wont hold my breath though( BAD TIMES)

ive got 2 weeks work then it looks like an early finish 4 xmas, hopefully i ll get 16 apartments ive priced 4 in the new year(fingers crossed)

Got a large bedroom ceiling and walls tommorrow,nothing Wednesday or Thursday,Friday a small bathroom do skim.Got a few quotes that am waiting back on but even the phone ain't ringing from the Observer.Early finish for crimbo on the cards me thinks.

fordon said:
Got a large bedroom ceiling and walls tommorrow,nothing Wednesday or Thursday,Friday a small bathroom do skim.Got a few quotes that am waiting back on but even the phone ain't ringing from the Observer.Early finish for crimbo on the cards me thinks.

Maybe we should book a weeks tiling course back in yeovil shag!!! Could you stand a week with Kim though?? :eek:

Ah Kim,what a muppet,Am seriously considering it though in the new to add another string to the proverbial,got a good deal on the course with Claire as theres two of us doing it.

fordon said:
Ah Kim,what a muppet,Am seriously considering it though in the new to add another string to the proverbial,got a good deal on the course with Claire as theres two of us doing it.

Yeah but a week with Kim..... I dont know if my head and ears can take it. It was bad enough listening to him from the plastering bays. :eek:

Will take ear plugs with me and make out ive got an ear infection so he has to speak quietly,i could hear him from the burger van some days!.

fordon said:
Will take ear plugs with me and make out ive got an ear infection so he has to speak quietly,i could hear him from the burger van some days!.

When you going down mate??

fordon said:
3rd week of Jan i expect,waiting for the calender to open on they re website.

We got in just right mate, did you notice the ICA has changed and its now over 12 weeks.... Fook That :eek:

Yes heard about it a few months ago,sod driving down there for 12 weeks stuck behind a tractor everyday,bet the price has gone right up as well though.

ive nothing till after christmas, just waiting on some business cards to come through then ill go and dish a few out door to door and under a few window wipers at B&Q. wear my new work shirt with my logo n details on whenever i go shopping aswell 8)

MrSpoon85 said:
ive nothing till after christmas, just waiting on some business cards to come through then ill go and dish a few out door to door and under a few window wipers at B&Q. wear my new work shirt with my logo n details on whenever i go shopping aswell 8)

Get your cards from vista print.com. There free!!

Big Mart said:
MrSpoon85 said:

Get your cards from vista print.com. There free!!

thats exactly where i got mine from but i decided to push the boat out and get some with a fancier design and without advertising on the back plus i got a t-shirt printed from them also 8)

for 500 business cards, and a black shirt with my company name n numbers and a logo on the front and "Tea, Two Sugars" on the back it cost me £32!

Got me t-shirts done a few months back,works a treat,especailly in banks and B&Q, people always enquiring and have got a lot of work that way.

MrSpoon85 said:
for 500 business cards, and a black shirt with my company name n numbers and a logo on the front and "Tea, Two Sugars" on the back it cost me £32!
thats canny did you get to design it?

scott said:
MrSpoon85 said:
thats canny did you get to design it?

yeah pretty muchy, i would have had to pay a little extra if i wanted to upload my own logo i think so i just use one of theirs, as for the text you can have what your want, best to have a look for yourself as theres laods of hidden extra costs depending on what you want, i dare way theres other cheaper companies when it comes to uniforms tho, something like £65 for few t shirts fleeces n stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.