Wickes - Sort your beads out!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twitcher

Private Member
Last week, late on, I had to get a load of thin coat beads for a job. The other places were closed, so I had to pop into my local Wickes. As usual the beads were all over the place, bent to fcuk all over the shop. It's usually a job to get in there and prize out any good ones. Then you gotta lay them with the arris on the floor to make sure they are straight.

In the past I've even gone up to the till to tell them about it, but they've just shrugged their shoulders and told me to put them back!

So this time I took direct action.

I got out a permanent marker and wrote in big red letters 'BENT' on all the square metal brackets where they have the price and barcode. Trading Standards would've been proud.

yeah that's a pain in the ass too. Would've thought Wickes could design a decent way of displaying their beads so they don't get bent. Why don't they fish out the damaged stock and replace it. If I went and smashed a sink up on a display they come and sort it out - I'd have to leg it quick though..

i ******* hate using a DIY shop to get my stuff. I did it when i first started on my own but you ask the people in their for something and they havent got a clue. The merchants I use now is closer to me, cheaper and they know what they are talking about.

know what you mean, I normally steer well clear of them, but it was after 5pm

I also had to get some multi. So I bent down to pick up a sack adn one of the fckers was warm. Just the one bag like - what the fcuk is that about? I dashed that one in the end

ive had that with the boards before. i reckon it might be to do with them stacking them out the back, piling them up towards the lights/heathers.

yeah but this was just the one bag - might have been more - didnt get to feel em all,but the one's around it weren't warm

wickes are theonly place i know where they stack their beads vertically, same with the coving... everyone else with half an ounce of common sense stacks em in racks horizontally and you just pull em out.... dunno if thats owt to do with it or what?
they do stack the timber beading in a horizontal rack so why not metal beads?

have to say round our way, wickes, buildbase and jewsons all stack em vertically.

should have seen that coming.. :RpS_laugh:
will admit though, those that stack em horizontally leave em in the box, and just open one box at a time - you slide the box out, grab what you need out the box and shove the box back in...
dunno what the crack is with wickes? someone must have a box out the back and spend half the day with a pricing gun and a roll of masking tape...
its prolly this tw@t thats bending em all... :rolleyes)

Yeah, my merchants stack em vertically, tear the box off about half-way up. We need an expert opinion on this - wheres spark666?

I think the wickes ones bend cos they're krap quality, thickness of the metal is far too thin.

Wickes stores are very thin on the fround up here in Scotland so my local B&Q is where i go. Their beads are stacked vertically also and are usually all trashed!

Always keep a stock of beading in my garage from R+J Hardware.. Half the price,twice the quality.Wont touch wickes beads

That's exactly what i used to do too dustydave. Same supplier too. Got all my PVA and scrim from them as well! Sold my nice semi with garage and moved into my Riverside apartment Fokin eejit :RpS_mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.