Why are quotes all over the shop?

Members online

Ffs, No one mentioned dusty boards!! Lol.
It’s all about the dry and dusty blocks having a weak coat of pva before dot and dab.
Misread your last post. As I said before no point pvaing blocks, wasting time and money

All done today.

I liked that they taped the upvc frame to protect it from splashing skim and also scored the bit where the door frame meets the reveal, but left tape on until after painting. Apparently that will stop the plaster on the reveal being ripped off as the tape is removed and stop the plaster on reveals from chipping as the door frame expands/flexes. Nice touch.

Attachments

• IMG_20191021_150251.jpg
    IMG_20191021_150251.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20191021_150247.jpg
    IMG_20191021_150247.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20191021_152118.jpg
    IMG_20191021_152118.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20191021_152110.jpg
    IMG_20191021_152110.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20191021_152102.jpg
    IMG_20191021_152102.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20191021_150438.jpg
    IMG_20191021_150438.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20191021_150416.jpg
    IMG_20191021_150416.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20191021_150409.jpg
    IMG_20191021_150409.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20191021_150257.jpg
    IMG_20191021_150257.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 181
John , I'm seriously thinking of changing my real name by deed poll. I'm hoping it was a joke and you meant
All done today.

I liked that they taped the upvc frame to protect it from splashing skim and also scored the bit where the door frame meets the reveal, but left tape on until after painting. Apparently that will stop the plaster on the reveal being ripped off as the tape is removed and stop the plaster on reveals from chipping as the door frame expands/flexes. Nice touch.
They forgot to board the ceiling

All done today.

Looks fine. I trust as you knew they were so cheap and did the few extra nice touches you gave them a few extra quid each to get a beer?

Lol... I've never said I could keep up with a site monkey. I just do enough plastering to cover my renovations.

Skim it, paint it and put my hand out for the cash.

If you do it all day every day and you're a bit faster than me, then bully for you. I'm made up for you and stop sending me abusive texts.
"a bit faster", are you f**k**g kidding?

I get that and it's up to you of course, it'll work but on sites never ever seen it.
Methinks a porky from BG, they don't make concrete or blocks either
Frankly the things you see on site are absolutely shocking! As I have said before I have seen boards on site pop off due to not controlling the suction on dry dusty blocks, where as a weak coat of pva holds it back just enough to give the adhesive time to cure correctly rather than have the moisture ripped out of it causing the adhesive to set too fast and causing separation from the blocks. It takes literally 10mins to lash the blocks over using a roller in an average sized room. It’s also just my way of doing things. Imo Common sense and experience will always prevail from a time served spread rather than reading instructions from a text book.

If your happy all that matters

It's a good finish, smooth as baby's backside. Plan to have all veluxes slightly ajar and doors wide open during the day.

Hoping to get some paint on this Saturday. What do you think- too ambitious?

It's a good finish, smooth as baby's backside. Plan to have all veluxes slightly ajar and doors wide open during the day.

Maybe with no heater in there.

Frankly the things you see on site are absolutely shocking! As I have said before I have seen boards on site pop off due to not controlling the suction on dry dusty blocks, where as a weak coat of pva holds it back just enough to give the adhesive time to cure correctly rather than have the moisture ripped out of it causing the adhesive to set too fast and causing separation from the blocks. It takes literally 10mins to lash the blocks over using a roller in an average sized room. It’s also just my way of doing things. Imo Common sense and experience will always prevail from a time served spread rather than reading instructions from a text book.
Agree , precisely why I scratch therms for extra physical grab its about 5 minutes work for the whole room , lots laugh , , 5 fxcking minutes and I'm laughed at , it's soooo entertaining on here lol

The first ceiling I skimmed on a new build was Friday the 11th, was only just about dry today

• Useful
Reactions: Mos
The trouble with time served respect is bad habits and lack of common sense get passed on as gospel

Agree , precisely why I scratch therms for extra physical grab its about 5 minutes work for the whole room , lots laugh , , 5 fxcking minutes and I'm laughed at , it's soooo entertaining on here lol
I bless mine with holy water, and throw some salt over my shoulder. That only takes 2 minutes so I win

You should be alright for emulsion mist coat at least , when lifts are on and in daylight you can fill or sand any rough spots that catch your eye ,

Don't start slapping it on if the walls are dark , paint may delaminate

scottie5 work
home by 2
f**k**g hell. The whole room skimmed in 4 hours. That's not right, it goes against everything I know should be doable lol. I'd skimmed 45ms by 12 today and felt pretty proud, and that was one easy flat ceiling lol