which plasterboard adhesive & fixings for new build wall?

happysmiles46

Hey all,

I've got 50 8x4 insulated plasterboards to fit on the internal wall of my new build, made of concrete blocks. Can anyone recommend a good adhesive for this task? Also, I'm wondering if it's okay to use just two mechanical fixings per board, placing one at the top and the other at the bottom, right in the middle.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks!

I’d put at least 6 fixings in per board. They aren’t expensive

Attachments

• IMG_7430.png
    IMG_7430.png
    844.3 KB · Views: 117
Always use fixings that way if there’s a fire you don’t have to stand there and hold the boards up while you’re legs are getting a bit warm (y)

BG ask for two fixings at mid height per full board.
They're not there to 'fix' the board, that's the job of the adhesive. They're there to stop the board falling on someone in the event of a fire.

BG ask for two fixings at mid height per full board.
They're not there to 'fix' the board, that's the job of the adhesive. They're there to stop the board falling on someone in the event of a fire.

They do, but they spec a frame type fixing which are s**t. I like these in conjunction with foam. You can use them to control the board as the foam goes off. If you’re careful you can dish the head in so it’s just below the surface.

They do, but they spec a frame type fixing which are s**t. I like these in conjunction with foam. You can use them to control the board as the foam goes off. If you’re careful you can dish the head in so it’s just below the surface.
Well don't use foam then you chancer.

This was more for anyone else doing a similar job. I found it interesting reading all the responses so I thought I'll some input here for future jobs.
Ah see there was your first mistake, this forum is mainly for taking the piss, maybe give an itsy bitsy bit of help, but mainly concentrate on taking the piss.
Please try harder in future.