Where are you working today?

Members online

Winders

Attachments

• 1440603608412.jpg
    1440603608412.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 384
Chillingham Castle in Northumberland The most haunted Castle in the Uk. Went up with the bairns fir a day out. Been looking at parts of the building they are still renovating
Now that sounds a good job to be on , if I did not live so far away would love to labour for you just to see the house mate

you do get some great projects
Cheers Danny. I would say I'm lucky but sometimes these jobs are a pain in the arse. This is an architect's house and there is a crazy amount of cabling. Got a belt off a cable today while pulling it through a board. Ducking power shouldn't even be on. It's all double boarded for thermal mass so everything needs pulling through twice.

existing and extension, existing build render was kango'd back to scratch coat, added another for more fooking wet dashing. Hold up on the windows out the back. Will post the finished job friday or sat. zzzzzzz

Attachments

• 20150825_152853.jpg
    20150825_152853.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 20150826_162127.jpg
    20150826_162127.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 20150826_162150.jpg
    20150826_162150.jpg
    922.4 KB · Views: 329
Not working again today!

Mind you 11pm finish last night. Not a great day. Didn't fancy the 90mins drive to work again. Seemed like a good idea 1st thing in the morning. Then it just got worse from there!!

Sat on my 4rse waiting for building control. Can't close anything off until they've seen it. Mostly a wasted day, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

View attachment 6779

Just finished this one.

Love that window head detail, looks awesome...nobody will let me try it up in the stix though..how do you do it if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a stop bead up the angle from the window head bead? If that makes sense..

In saying that, most concrete lintels that are meant to be 100mm are usually 10-15mm bigger anyway(up here anyway).. Cheers..

Love that window head detail, looks awesome...nobody will let me try it up in the stix though..how do you do it if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a stop bead up the angle from the window head bead? If that makes sense..

In saying that, most concrete lintels that are meant to be 100mm are usually 10-15mm bigger anyway(up here anyway).. Cheers..

You mean a bell cast/drip bead?
There common place everywhere aren't they?

No, I mean the bit from the drip bead, the bit that goes from there up at an angle and blends into the wall, do you bead that or is that just render?
I just cut the back of the corner bead about 45mm from the bottom and bend it to give the drip angle. Just find its easier for when you rub up incase you dig into the free handed angle......................if that makes sense

just in my garden today danny. doing the brickwprk on the extension. f**k**g bricky didnt turn up this week. wouldnt answer my calls or texts the c**t. so started doing it myself with that bricky gadget. omg. its amazing. off till friday anyway with the kids going back to school so hoping to get it done by then unless it rains ffs. bit boring like. thought plastering was boring jesus