What to do about 'blown' areas ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant over paint? You said you use micro, sand and cement at 15mm on top of a painted surface.

No mate I don't, I use micro, then straight over with the mono. Obviously if you have cracks at stress points etc you will have to use 15mm beads and bed mesh in your first pass.

I suggest you do a test patch on painted jobs, if we have any doubts e.g. as to how well the paint is bonded, condition of existing render, or existing thickness, it comes off.

To be honest most of the time it comes off externally if it's painted, the customer is given the option.

No, paint, micro, 10mm beads dabbed on, mono

or if brickwork is bad, micro, dub out sand cement, 10mm beads, mono

or good brickwork, micro, 10mm beads dabbed, mono

Ah so just painted bricks , i thought cos this thread is about a job thats painted render thats been rendered on top . I would use paraniter and bucket coat , less weight still than micro sand cement and mono . Each to there own

Ah so just painted bricks , i thought cos this thread is about a job thats painted render thats been rendered on top . I would use paraniter and bucket coat , less weight still than micro sand cement and mono . Each to there own

Painted render

Status
Not open for further replies.