What material to substitute sand and cement??

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseyboy

hello all
Been rendering with sand and cement for years and have had experience with thin coat EWI.
as we don't use much monocouce renders over here I would like to start having a go.
Would anyone recommend any products to start using?
I have a small house to do which is cavity wall with 7n blocks
Which will need rendering with a silicone 1mm or 1.5 top coat as finish.
There was a scraped krend job done 3 years ado and it looked great but there are a lot of green mound were the water has dripped on certain areas.
Is this common
Cheers

I think the sea air don't suit the scraped Krend, monocouche type finishes, about eight ,nine yrs ago everyone was doing it around here, we thought it was the golden bullet, no more hard graft, inside five years they looked dreadful, you can spray with chlorine and power wash but seems to come back quicker , loads are painting over now, lots of cracks seem to be appearing as well, all the architects have turned against them now also.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

I think the sea air don't suit the scraped Krend, monocouche type finishes, about eight ,nine yrs ago everyone was doing it around here, we thought it was the golden bullet, no more hard graft, inside five years they looked dreadful, you can spray with chlorine and power wash but seems to come back quicker , loads are painting over now, lots of cracks seem to be appearing as well, all the architects have turned against them now also.

Strange a lot of my work is on the coast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you seal mono with a decent sealer it should be fine

Hello paddy
So what system do you prefer going on to new block work with a silicone top coat

I don't know man, as I said I would have loved the machine to still be popular here, as good labourers are impossible to find /pay nowadays,but I am doing nearly all one off builds and S&C is what is specified on everyone of them, the EWI gangs are using silicone based but they have become scarce also. Maybe a good sealer could be the solution but haven't come across one.

I don't know man, as I said I would have loved the machine to still be popular here, as good labourers are impossible to find /pay nowadays,but I am doing nearly all one off builds and S&C is what is specified on everyone of them, the EWI gangs are using silicone based but they have become scarce also. Maybe a good sealer could be the solution but haven't come across one.

Am the same here the architects spec sand and cement
And all EWI are thin coat.
I've tried to get a few to spec PAREX but they always crap there pants

Status
Not open for further replies.