Wet dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickysmart

Can some one please advise on a mix for wet dash ,
for mixing stones 2:stones 1:cement1:sand would this be to weak mix. Should I add lime :RpS_biggrin:

And it's a sad day when a Jock doesn't know a wet-dash mix :RpS_unsure:

2 stones. 1 cement 1st sand 5 tattie scones. Blend for 3 mins on a low heat
Failing that get hillside on the Bat phone......:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
3 Stone, usually 6 mm granite chips,2 sand ,1 cement .
no waterproofer in scratch, butter coat then hit it with your mix.
sometimes added granite dust to the mix depends,are you trying to match an existing? .a good lab is handy.:RpS_thumbup:
sheet up well as its a messy job,good luck.:RpS_thumbsup:

hey guys, was wondering what way do u measure for amount of stone/pebble to allow for a job? Have a wet dash job on and have always over-gauged the amount needed for ajob, is there a general weight per sq meter /foot? any help appreciated so i can know how much to order easier:)
And to add my tuppence to the wet dash mix,I sour the mix pre job, mixing stone sand and lime and leaving well covered with plastic for a week or so, mixed at 3stone 2 sand 1lime. On dash day i add cement. No butter coat fo me.

yeah about a bag maybe more,I judge by it by the type of sand I'm using, if its a fine sand then usually more cement. I will test the mix first on wall untill satisfied. To be honest it's a rareity anyone wanting wet dash these days, messy and stings like ****:)

Ha ha I am very rusty with it not done it. In years but going to give it a go we got scratch coat on just waitn for a good dry day but thanks for reply cheers

I've never used that method madmonk, sounds a bit cleaner! do u slurry coat on same day or after set? I would be interested to know how u estimate stones needed for a job?? this has always been hard to judge for me. cheers.

if ya want a dry option dry dash it them put a cement slurry over it

i have just seen this done on a house just around the corner from mine. it is a 30s stonedash house ,in pea grit. the chap on his own, masked every thing up, sprayed the walls with rendaid, then spray painted it. i was talking to him about the method and he told me the rendaid tightend the stonework up , it looked like a wet dash finish at this stage.

i have just seen this done on a house just around the corner from mine. it is a 30s stonedash house ,in pea grit. the chap on his own, masked every thing up, sprayed the walls with rendaid, then spray painted it. i was talking to him about the method and he told me the rendaid tightend the stonework up , it looked like a wet dash finish at this stage.
yup mate ive done it with a sloppy mix of cement an sbr wet dampen the stones down then brush on with a big fence brush slower option but a bit cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.