Weather to do lvl 3 at college

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyg04

I am currently coming to the end of my lvl 2 apprenticeship and I dont no weather to do another year at college to get my lvl 3

I just dont think I will need it in the future, at the moment we are doing most of it in lvl 2 so all it would be is for the qualification not the experience

I just dont think I will need it in the future, at the moment we are doing most of it in lvl 2 so all it would be is for the qualification not the experience
Level 3's are gonna be the norm in the future because of the onsite assesments the level 2 has become a bit of a shitty qual. To get a gold cscs card you will need your level 3 and in my opinion the gold card will be the card that gives you the advantage in the future on the job front. When i did my level 3 it was mainly fibrous but it might be different now but get the qual if you can.

Level 3's are gonna be the norm in the future because of the onsite assesments the level 2 has become a bit of a shitty qual. To get a gold cscs card you will need your level 3 and in my opinion the gold card will be the card that gives you the advantage in the future on the job front. When i did my level 3 it was mainly fibrous but it might be different now but get the qual if you can.
What a load of s**t how many jobs have you benefitted from in the last 5 years because you've got a level3, it was set up by the government so it's figures only is it me or am I the only one on here who's ******* normal, if you're helping people and offering advice do so don't do it to big yourself up hypocrite

It would be good if you had to be qualified to go on site though do u not think? It would sort out all the shite plasterers that just come here to work. Also if your subbing out you could be more confident that some new guys are up to the job.

This would mean I would need to be accessed but I know I would be fine. It would be a bit of a ball ache but worth it in then end.

You haven't got a ******* clue have you you what do you think daddy would say about the last thirty years, there's no need for qualifications there never has been never will be until now and funny enough were in billions of pounds of debt and this didn't help, there trying to do it now.......do you get the thread or do you want to read what I'm writing now and let it sink In.........get it yet?

You need to get that tourettes seeing to spunkbreath..............I would say that quals are gonna be needed more in the future. Plus wouldn't they be useful for keeping the eastern europeans off sites? :RpS_thumbup:

You need to get that tourettes seeing to spunkbreath..............I would say that quals are gonna be needed more in the future. Plus wouldn't they be useful for keeping the eastern europeans off sites? :RpS_thumbup:

Someone with some sense

Ps I'm not ginger that pic ant me

Pps Lay of the cider it's no good for you

They've already been running lol do you not know of cscs or is it all new ? IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY

Cscs? Is that them little cards you need to get on site? You know the ones anyone can pass the test for in about 30 minutes of looking at a book.

That's them the same as the little nvq ones where the bloke comes in watches you for ten minutes then fucks off you idiot

Maybe the current system isn't very good, but think about it.............if it is properly governed, along the lines of 'corgi' for instance, it means that you will HAVE to be producing work of a good standard or your access to work is blocked off.
For what it's worth I have on my own website a bit about what the customer can expect from me, quality-wise. If everyone has a section on the websites informing customers like this I reckon it leaves less room for the sh!te-hawks out there. If you're consistently producing good work you have nothing to fear :RpS_thumbup:

No one has the common sense to implement it and monitor it nice idea but you've got as much chance as having elvis Presley running it

Well, you're probably right there xxxxxxx breath, but instead of us moaning on here about lack of money/quality maybe WE should be doing something about it ourselves :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
The nvq system does seem a bit s**t I know, but a nvq 3 or 4 is not that easy to get. The people that do bother to do surely are better spreads that the thousands that don't. If it was mandatory then I'm sure alot of shite spreads would not get it.

The system needs improving other wise it's a waste of time and money like you say spunky. But if it wasn't it would be a major tool for decent spreads.

I was talking about it the other day to my brother and he said the same thing" yer but no one is going to do it!"

I said yer but untill people actually try nothing will happen.

I might be talking shite but this forum to me is the first time ever that large number of plasterers have had the chance to communicate like we do! It maybe the platform needed to make a constructive change some how.

Ps who started the corgi stuff? Was it the government? Or was it plumber who said we can't have unskilled people doing what we do.

I can see when that goes tits up it kills people so maybe different!

Don't know them answers spunky

I vote spunky as the head of quality control!

You would let them know they where dog s**t it about 5 mins! Send them home crying never to pick up a trowel again

WE'D probably have to pay for it first off and then through an anual/bi-anual assesment thing. Then you would become a registered tradesman, licensed to work basically............more fkin paperwork:-0

BUT..............it creates a closed shop in a fashion - no license, no work.

I can see what your saying spunky but just think what if the nvq system was better implemented. The structure is already there. It's being paid for maybe we need to let who ever know that the college nvq plasterers are not being taught up to scratch. If they were maybe the industry would start taking notice more.

It would need to be government backed and that's probably why it won't happen - like you say, corgi and the electricians thing (niee?) are more about health and safety than quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.