Was meant to be asking for advice but have fallen down the wormhole of injokes and insults

MrGaz

Hello. I joined to ask for the advice of the many experts on here, but got distracted by many of the hilarious threads and comments before actually doing what I was meant to.

Here’s my issue - we had the conservatory reroofed and walls plaster boarded and skimmed (by a professional - I’m not one of those visitors that has decided I can DIY what takes years to learn). The whole room is dry - we had rain last night and we now have these two wet patches in the corners. Anyone got any insight to let me know what is happening or what might need to be done to correct it as I’m guessing just banging a load of paint on won’t fix whatever the underlying issue might be.

Cheers
41EC7DCE-E06A-4375-A7BA-76E63BCE6A42.jpeg

Hello. I joined to ask for the advice of the many experts on here, but got distracted by many of the hilarious threads and comments before actually doing what I was meant to.

Here’s my issue - we had the conservatory reroofed and walls plaster boarded and skimmed (by a professional - I’m not one of those visitors that has decided I can DIY what takes years to learn). The whole room is dry - we had rain last night and we now have these two wet patches in the corners. Anyone got any insight to let me know what is happening or what might need to be done to correct it as I’m guessing just banging a load of paint on won’t fix whatever the underlying issue might be.

Cheers
View attachment 68042
think i would look at the seals on the outside frames

Cheers
View attachment 68042
Looks like water to me

One coat wonder !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-185003.png
    Screenshot_20220206-185003.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20220206-184922.png
    Screenshot_20220206-184922.png
    722.4 KB · Views: 139
I'd say that's old lurpak at his tricks !!
That thin he's had to brush round the box stop it shelling off !! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-185739.png
    Screenshot_20220206-185739.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
Unless the dabs are to close to the frame causing bridging. :D
Could be.... My bet is the last few days weather
Rain drives @ frame @ cill sealant is poor

Plasterer is not to blame for this one ... He only has complaint from customer on the finish of his work @ Not satisfactory...

Cheers
View attachment 68042

Is the height of the ground outside higher than the floor of your conservatory?

Is the new guttering catching all rainwater correctly, or is some dribbling down the wall or splashing onto the ground by the door?

If the outside wall of your conservatory is rendered, does the render go all the way down and touch ground level, or does it stop a few inches shy of ground level?