1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to learn to make fibrous cornice!

Discussion in 'Fibrous Plastering Discussions' started by GT Cornicer, May 6, 2017.

1. GT Cornicer

GT Cornicer New Member

Hi all
    I have been fitting fibrous cornice for the last 16 years in Sussex ( i live in worthing West Sussex) Surrey, Hampshire, Kent and London. I am getting more work now as i help out a firm i used to work for atm, but the trouble is getting decent cornice. Some are made too thin and some were made on a wobbly table ( mould changes throughout the 3 metres) So i would like to learn how to make cornice and do some for myself. I know it can be made better as i have fitted some from 2 companies which made the job so much easier and more importantly a good finish
    The trouble is there are no courses that teach this now so if anyone knows someone willing to teach me, for money of course, then please let me know.

2. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maester

Maester Active Member

@fibrehand5

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mikeadams1985

mikeadams1985 Private Member

Hi there GT, im up in liverpool so probably to far for you to travel?
    but if not im sure i can show you a few things depending on what you want to learn and your time frame available etc.
    its not something you will learn in a week. You can learn to cast easily in a week but to make cornice from scratch etc is alot longer.
    if your on Facebook/instagram add me on there
    Adams plaster mouldings LTD

• Like Like x 3
  6. bopper

bopper Active Member

Hi mike ,if your willing am up for a little advice myself ,am local to you .

• Like Like x 2
  7. mikeadams1985

Happy to help fella.
    Were about are you?
    if you find me on facebook message me.
    adams plaster mouldings ltd

• Like Like x 2
  8. bopper

bopper Active Member

Thank you mike am just in between houses at the mo originally from allerton but staying in Everton for a while,were are you based?

9. mikeadams1985

Workshop is in bootle,
    i was living in allerton but now in netherley

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Active Member

11. bopper

bopper Active Member

I'll find your workshop ,am I ok to pop down on a quiet hour?
    I know of one shop by the bypass leading to the docks by the iron bridge I think it regency anywhere near there?

12. mikeadams1985

Regency is round the corner.
    Your welcome to pop round anytime fella.
    just shoot me a text and see if i'm about, I know Tommorrow and next week im in the workshop. Dedicated a week to try and reorganise the place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. bopper

bopper Active Member

Cheers buddy I'll give you a bell next week (y)

• Like Like x 1